Subject: Immediately broken bird piece rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike L
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Hey guys,
I'm seeking help. I bought the game from my FLGS and brought it home to put together the components. After the wife and I's first rules play through, disaster struck! When folding in the stand on a starling a terrible snap was heard... the female receptor on the starling broke! Now it can't accept the ball shaped end and can't be used in the game. First time. I contacted Plaid Hat with no response after little over a week (email and online request form). Superglue didn't hold either.
Suggestions? I could hard glue it but then couldn't tilt, which is important to the game.
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Casual
United States
Springfield
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Plaid Hat has the best customer service of any company I have ever contacted. If you don't hear from them try again -- they are very serious about taking care of their customers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Try contacting them again. Failing that you'll need the right type of glue to hold the piece and Im not sure what would work for a high stress point like that.

One possibility is if you have access to the tools is to drill and pin the pieces back together. That will re-inforce that stress point too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.