Dorian VD
Belgium
SCHERPENHEUVEL
Vlaams Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi!

I'd like to ask some rule questions:

1) Quest 2 Food for Worms, title: sink or swim paragraph 3: ...remove each figure from the sinking carriage and place it in an adjacent empty space. Would this be forced movement? Would Alric Farrow still be standing tall on that carriage since he ignores forced movement with his unmovable trait?

2a) Quest 3 Three Heads, One Mind
Can an agent be summoned instead of a named master monster and retain its special rules quest abilities? In other words, would Alric Farrow gain 2 additional health per hero since he would be a unique monster?

2b) Finale Spreading Afflicition
Could Sir Alric Farrow replace an open group master monster and become an infected master monster hims...itself?

Many thanks!
Dorian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fox Reinard
msg tools
1) I don't know for sure, but "Remove from map and place" is not the same as movement.

2a) You can only replace Open groups, not predetermined monsters with Agents.

2b) As I understand it, you cannot use Summon Agent cards during the Finale of a campaign. I'm not sure if this applies to mini-campaigns. If Alric can replace one of the open groups, then he would be considered an infected monster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Foley
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
For #1, you can refer to the golden rules. The quest rules override card and ability rules, so Alric would be moved from the sinking carriage.

Otherwise I think Alric could use unmovable to ignore remove and place effects. Although I can't think of any hero skills or abilities that allow them to remove and place a monster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Smithe
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt Foley is right- ques5 rules win. Also, this is still a relevant alquestion for a rumor, but RAW you are not supposed to use a LT pack in a mini campaign.

And Fox is right- no summoning agents for finales. Even if it were not a finale (rumor) you can only summon an agent into an open group, as said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dorian VD
Belgium
SCHERPENHEUVEL
Vlaams Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for the replies.

I have bought me some lt packs and I am going to use them, damn it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fox Reinard
msg tools
zaltyre wrote:
RAW you are not supposed to use a LT pack in a mini campaign.

A quick skim over the Lieutenant Pack rulesheet seems to be hiding this particular information. The only restriction on use seems to be "when playing a campaign" and concerning the use of Summon (Agent). Can you enlighten us as to where we can find this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Smithe
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Turns out I was mistaken. I took the lack of instructions for using a plot deck with a mini campaign as incompatibility (the OL could have as few threat tokens as 3 by the beginning of the finale if he only earned them from quest completion, making a plot deck really impractical).

However, there seems to be a rules response which offers a solid alternative:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1146261/there-rules-using-p...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fox Reinard
msg tools
The overlord does start with 4xp, some of which can be diverted to the plot cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.