Popular Tags: [View All]
John A. White
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
So Last night I was at a convention (In my dream) and I stood over a table with a popular reviewer that likes abstract and set collection.

He/She was playing this game.

They were playing one card in any of the 8 spots. I could not make sense of why they picked up or scored sets. So I put on this image what I thought I saw.

So a few of the spots had piles of cards... that must of took time. Seemed like they gathered sets or scored every other play but I'm not sure how unless the slots were seeded.

This was an original game and I'm sure there are many ideas like it. Do you know of any?

Cool part was no text.
Bad part is you know you're setting someone up.

one more random thing is if the set crossed over the text spot then you do that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had lots of dreams with board games that seemed intensely interesting in the dream, but the pattern I've noticed is that either:

1) I'm trying to get a game going but I never actually play, or

2) As I'm playing, I never actually finish any action, because every action somehow requires me to resolve a more detailed sub-action (my move isn't over until I draw an event, which isn't over until I resolve a combat, which isn't over until I choose a tactic, which requires me to go to my character sheet and compare my stats to a list I have to look up from...) until the dream disintegrates.

Which makes sense; it is implausible that my dreaming mind could actually produce a coherent set of rules on the spot, so the dream always goes in a direction where it doesn't have to. It feels like I know something about the game, but I never actually do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John A. White
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Antistone wrote:

2) As I'm playing, I never actually finish any action, because every action somehow requires me to resolve a more detailed sub-action (my move isn't over until I draw an event, which isn't over until I resolve a combat, which isn't over until I choose a tactic, which requires me to go to my character sheet and compare my stats to a list I have to look up from...) until the dream disintegrates.

Was it this game or cones of dunshire?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bojan Prakljacic
msg tools
I must give that game 2/10 because of the downtime. XD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John A. White
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
8Oj4N wrote:
I must give that game 2/10 because of the downtime. XD
you know you want your DNA info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bojan Prakljacic
msg tools
I know I should have quoted the post I was replaying to. Too bad I haven't.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
It wasn't yours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Dauphin
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools
aVoidGames wrote:
So Last night I was at a convention (In my dream) and I stood over a table with a popular reviewer that likes abstract and set collection.

He/She was playing this game.

They were playing one card in any of the 8 spots. I could not make sense of why they picked up or scored sets. So I put on this image what I thought I saw.

Wow, you really do dream in technicolour!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.