Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

How are you incorporating them into your games? I mean, there's one per faction. So how are you using that one mini per faction?

There is no "correct" answer... I'm simply curios about the different ideas out there. For now, I'm simply using the 3D mini as the most recent Starbase placed, though that in itself has zero significance for gameplay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Spenner
United States
Waynesville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use it for the first one placed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, i got 3 per faction?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Spenner
United States
Waynesville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Benji68 wrote:

surprise What is this black magic?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got them in Essen. 3 seperate bags (one bag per faction), each bag with 3 bases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Lessing
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HvKjr wrote:
I use it for the first one placed.

Same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gosland
Australia
Hoddles Creek
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Agreed, couldn't see the sense in just one so got three, I don't know what we'll do for the rest of the factions when released?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Lessing
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wallbanks wrote:
Agreed, couldn't see the sense in just one so got three, I don't know what we'll do for the rest of the factions when released?

I think they've mentioned maybe releasing the starbase minis in a regular expansion someday. Maybe that'll happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maldus Alver

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmb
Well came up with an idea to make them a 4th Star base rules. Haven't tried it out yet. You can find the thread in the variants. https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1662707/alternate-win-condi...

But in order to build the 4th Star Base you must be at Ascendancy lvl 4 and have all three of your original Starbases. Not just two and a captured one.

Other than that just placed them on the Homeworld as the Federation one looks just like Earth Spacedock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Benji68 wrote:

Well, that's certainly a solution!

Of course I'm talking about those that got a bag of three (one per faction) Starbase minis thrown-in their pre-order box as a freebie. And I also believe that people who bought their copy at Gen Con (and Essen?) received a free bag of 1-each, as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My pal at Gencon got me three bags as well. They are supposedly going to follow up these prototypes with plastic ones in the faction colors if sales indicate enough people want them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maldus Alver

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmb
chas59 wrote:
My pal at Gencon got me three bags as well. They are supposedly going to follow up these prototypes with plastic ones in the faction colors if sales indicate enough people want them.

I hope the Expansions include some. I would love to see a Cardassian Nor and a Ferengi Trading Post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
"Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life." ♯ ♩ ♫ ♪ - Beethoven
badge
--------ViSiT--------- ---------------------- DockingBay416.com ---------------------- ------for some------ ---------------------- -------STAR--------- -------WARS-------- --------------------- ------l-o-v-e--------
mbmbmbmbmb
Marinealver wrote:
I would love to see a Cardassian Nor and a Ferengi Trading Post.

Yup.

Personally I don't like the design esthetics of the GF9 bases, but a few DS9 starbases would be amazing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana R.
United States
Claremont
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Devotium Popcornicus
mbmbmbmbmb
This would make for a nice Shapeways project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich M
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slabcity wrote:

He he thingverse for me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Slabcity wrote:

Just as long as you use original designs! I'd love to make molds of the three that were tossed into the box and cast them in resin, and then sell them for a few bucks. But of course if I did, I'd be hearing from GF9's lawyers very quickly!
gulp

So yeah, if someone can create some original designs that look "Trekkie", I'd buy them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Howard Massey
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
''So yeah, if someone can create some original designs that look "Trekkie", I'd buy them''

I as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Grant
United States
Santa Clarita
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HvKjr wrote:
Benji68 wrote:

:surprise: What is this black magic?

These are being sold on Miniature Market for $20 per set. Pricey but I had to get two more sets to go with the set that came with my CSI pre-order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.