Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Minnigh
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering if one could do this: Say you have Necrovirus in your discard pile and you play Plague Zombies. Can you use the banish ability on Necrovirus to put 3 zombies into play and then give them the abilities that Plague Zombies gives, giving you 6 zombies with blitz and the ability "when this card is broken, deal 2 damage to target player"?

I would think so since one can use a recall ability card to help out with Loyalty costs, but I thought best to ask. Fun interaction if you can

Also, would I assume correctly that after you played Plague Zombies, any uses of Plentiful Dead would NOT get blitz for the zombie even though Plague Zombies says "this turn, your zombie tokens gain..."? They have to already be in play in order to get that ability right?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Minnigh
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm, probably not. I always get that interaction wrong. If Plague Zombies was a champion with a tribute ability like that then yes, but since it is just a gold card, you have to resolve it first. Oh well. Stupid triggers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvador Bernadó
Spain
Gavà
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If I'm not mistaken those card would indeed work as you think they do.
You have Necrovirus on your discard pile. You play Plague Dead. It's a 1-cost card of the Evil aligment so that will trigger Necrovirus power.
However you resolve Plague Dead's power before resolving Necrovirus. So you put three Zombie tokens and they gain Blitz and "When this card is broken --> Deal 2 damage to target player".
After that, Necrovirus is banished and you put three more Zombie tokens that will have Blitz and the power that deals 2 damage to a target champion when they're broken.
Plague Zombies creates a modifier that will last until the end of the turn, so it doesn't matter if the zombie tokens were in play or are created during the turn, all of them will have blitz and the power "When this card is broken --> Deal 2 damage to target player".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Barberton
Ohio
flag msg tools
Total unplayed games in my collection: 7
mbmbmbmbmb
Bernado wrote:
Plague Zombies creates a modifier that will last until the end of the turn, so it doesn't matter if the zombie tokens were in play or are created during the turn
This is incorrect. All cards in Epic only affect what they can "see". If a zombie token comes into play after Plague Zombies was played that Zombie is NOT affected by Plague Zombies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.