3 Posts

Eclipse: Rise of the Ancients» Forums » Rules

Subject: Distortion Shield? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Krasny
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am looking at the new tech here (being a new Eclipse player) and I am confused about this tech. It makes me feel like I am missing something.

The base game already has a phase cloak which gives -2 to enemy die rolls. What is the point of Distortion Shield which apparently does the same thing? Does the phase cloak not work on missiles or something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Sachs
United States
Williamstown
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Despite your hope, there is not even any inherent symbolism; gravity is simply a coincidence.
mbmbmbmbmb
VirtualAlex wrote:
I am looking at the new tech here (being a new Eclipse player) and I am confused about this tech. It makes me feel like I am missing something.

The base game already has a phase cloak which gives -2 to enemy die rolls. What is the point of Distortion Shield which apparently does the same thing? Does the phase cloak not work on missiles or something?

See this thread. tl;dr: distortion field applies to all ships and doesn't take a slot in any ship and thus doesn't need to be "upgraded" and it stacks with the base game shield techs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Krasny
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Oh! Cool okay I thought it was an upgrade, but it is just a research. Like Neutron Bombs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.