6 Posts

Human Interface: Nakamura Tower» Forums » General

Subject: Where do this game sit exactly? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ralph Meleti
New Zealand
flag msg tools
So guys this guys currently has about an 8.5 rating from only 9 votes.

This game had about 900 odd backers, so what's happened to the owners of this game?

There is little news or reviews, apart from the occasional they added some some sensational short story and backers commenting on missing parts and pieces

So where exactly is this game standing right now? Ultimately is this game a flop despite it's ratings?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Paul Messerly
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Like most kickstarted games it has some issues. The production quality is amazing but while the rules have a ton of potential they need another pass... At this point the game is in a holding pattern as the developers prepare an updated rulebook and a good video example of play.

I've played several scenarios and I think it could be a good/great game but I'm not sure I'm playing it correctly. In the end I'd compare it to Myth... There may be a great game there but we won't know until they do a better job of teaching the rules. Myth was a huge disappointment when released but now it's one of my favorite games. A bad launch doesn't mean the game is dead but it does have an uphill battle ahead of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loig Roumois
Switzerland
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
they game and the rules or OK enough. The game is a lot of fun for a group that is not too competitive but wants to enjoy a good game and have a fun time. I do agree that the rules have many little things that are not clear and even some bigger gaps regarding the campaign aspect of it. But if you are willing to just go with it and as a group sometimes decide collectively what is the right approach to a rule, then you should have loads of fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Loig wrote:
they game and the rules or OK enough. The game is a lot of fun for a group that is not too competitive but wants to enjoy a good game and have a fun time. I do agree that the rules have many little things that are not clear and even some bigger gaps regarding the campaign aspect of it. But if you are willing to just go with it and as a group sometimes decide collectively what is the right approach to a rule, then you should have loads of fun!

It sits on my table quite often.

The rules are in final polishing and I may soon have a new file to paste.

Not much different from Version 2 of the Detailed summary ,in the file section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daman whodaman
msg tools
mb
Loig wrote:

The rules need a revision as there are a lot of things unclear. This game sitting on my desk...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loig Roumois
Switzerland
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, but you can wing it if you're focusing more on the fun aspect than the competition one...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.