$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 115.38

7,035 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
44.3% of Goal | left

Support:

Jared Davis
msg tools
After playing our first game last night, I have a few things I hope to have clarified.

1) After selecting generals, do the generals not selected go into a discard pile, or do they get shuffled back into the generals deck? The rules state "Return unselected general cards to each state's remaining general cards." We interpreted this to mean they get shuffled back in, instead of getting discarded or just going on top of the remaining general deck. Did we interpret that correctly?

2) Is the Military VP track capped at 39, or can you technically get more and just start over on the track?

3) I was playing Wu, and I had Han Dang.

"Han Dang (Merit) – At the end of the rounds when Han Dang is recruited and is stationed, collect 1
marketplace/farm token from the general supply and place it on Wu’s treasury/granary."

Do the marketplace/farm tokens added to the treasury/granary also add to the development level of the marketplace/farm? In our game we did NOT add it to the development level, since we believe that the development level will only be related to the marketplaces and farms that you start the game with (and their respective spaces on the board), and not necessarily have to do with any additional marketplace/farm tokens gained through the game by other means.

We really enjoyed the game, and I can't wait to play it again. Thank you Christina and Yeo for developing such a great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Helmer
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you are enjoying this amazing game!

1) yes, you interpreted this correctly. Generals not chosen during drafting are reshuffled for future drafts.

2) no, i dont believe there is a firm cap on military VP scoring, but it would be uncommon to score higher. If the case arises you could use an alternate marker to continue scoring.
Keng Leong Yeo
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
aka Uncle
badge
小富靠勤,中富靠智,大富靠德。
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeoster should be able to clarify this for us definitively.

3) no, these do not affect the Development Level. These are bonus tokens taken from the supply (there are 5 extra tokens for each i believe) that serve only to defray military costs, or to be cashed in for resources.

Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Davis
msg tools
Thanks for the quick answers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Ng
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
aka Auntie
badge
说了又不听,听了又不懂,不懂又不问,问了又不做,做了又做错,错了又不认,认了又不改,改了又不服,不服又不说,那你要我怎麽办?
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Neil for assisting with the questions!

drachetanzer wrote:
1) After selecting generals, do the generals not selected go into a discard pile, or do they get shuffled back into the generals deck? The rules state "Return unselected general cards to each state's remaining general cards." We interpreted this to mean they get shuffled back in, instead of getting discarded or just going on top of the remaining general deck. Did we interpret that correctly?

Yes, your interpretation is correct. The generals that are not recruited may still be drawn again in subsequent recruitments.

drachetanzer wrote:
2) Is the Military VP track capped at 39, or can you technically get more and just start over on the track?

There is no cap for the Military VP track. Players may get more than 39 military VPs. However, as mentioned by Neil, it is quite uncommon.

drachetanzer wrote:
3) I was playing Wu, and I had Han Dang.

"Han Dang (Merit) – At the end of the rounds when Han Dang is recruited and is stationed, collect 1
marketplace/farm token from the general supply and place it on Wu’s treasury/granary."

Do the marketplace/farm tokens added to the treasury/granary also add to the development level of the marketplace/farm? In our game we did NOT add it to the development level, since we believe that the development level will only be related to the marketplaces and farms that you start the game with (and their respective spaces on the board), and not necessarily have to do with any additional marketplace/farm tokens gained through the game by other means.

You are correct in your interpretation. The marketplace/farm token(s) added to the treasury/granary via Han Dang's skill do not add to Wu's development level. You may also refer to the compendium for clarification about the cards and how they interact with one another.

drachetanzer wrote:
We really enjoyed the game, and I can't wait to play it again. Thank you Christina and Yeo for developing such a great game!

Thank you! We are always happy to know that fellow gamers enjoy our game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Davis
msg tools
Thanks Christina!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.