Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Filpus
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Specifically, about what happens when you get to shine the light of truth on a particular part of the Captain's Booke...

...the Tomb Map, and have an idea about how to act on that information:

First off, I assume this is a standard tomb explore action, just the entry on the Tomb Map you're choosing is the secret one?

How much information do you have to give to the other players when doing so? We already have precedent for reading Captain's Booke entries without telling other players the number, but do you have to point at or otherwise indicate which part of the Tomb Map you're exploring? Letting the other players know what you know might make you more or less of a target.

(If it isn't obvious, none of us in our group have done this, so please don't spoil what happens when you do. If it makes the question moot, for instance by telling you to cross off the explored entry, just say so.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Denning
msg tools
I don't think it's an exploration, per se. I assume you have figured out how to translate it?

Well, some other society members point to other sets of 3
tablets
that lead to entries in the book. So I think, once you are able to read the number, you just go read that entry. It's pretty ambiguous, though, unless there's something I missed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary g
msg tools
mbmbmb
We've been through the Interrogation entries that say do vague stuff. Like look on backs of Advisors, Look on Tablets, etc.

My question is after you get matching Tablets.

A) Do you discard them to explore the passage?
B) Do you destroy them to explore the passage?
C) Do you just keep control of your special power tablets and just pull them out and tell everybody hey I'm doing this as everybody else kinda just stares at you and says "Uh, What?" because half of the people weren't paying attention to Captain Booke passages and it's not specifically explained how to do anything?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Denning
msg tools
C, I think. Like, some guy says "such and such Trinity will benefit you," so you locate those three tablets, record their numbers, then say, "I'm going to the (XYZ Trinity entry" and read it.

That's my guess, anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Filpus
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that we've actually done this, the flavor clears things up a bit:

It's definitely an alternative to exploring a Tomb, so calling it an Explore action on an island with a tomb is the right call. It doesn't make any sense to discard/destroy the tablets, since there are tablets that are used for more than one.

The Booke entries don't explicitly say to cross off the symbols that led you here, but we've been doing it anyway because it's funny to have a bunch of Xes in empty space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.