$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
29.4% of Goal | 28 Days Left

Support:

Ethidium Bromide
Germany
Potsdam
flag msg tools
mb
Well, me and my wife, we had a dispute about the "sacrifice to the gods card". The card, which is present in 3 copies, has a clear action:
Quote:

Spend 1 Worker and 1 Food to Pray 1: Gain 2 VP and matching Good(s).
You cannot use Blessing for this Building

But my problem begins when it's combined with "Faith of the People". It's feature is:
Quote:

Each time you Pray: draw 1 Card more
(...)

This one is present in two copies in the deck.

Lets assume an Aztec Empire with each one of the above cards. My question is, whether by activating "Sacrifice to the gods" and drawing an extra card, the Aztec player gains extra 2 VP and extra Goods (total 4 VP and 2 Goods, if it was a single-colour card) or maybe it is only 2 VP and Goods matching the two cards?

Now imagine an Empire with two of each card. According to the first interpretation, this would be generating 6 VP and producing 3 Goods in for every activation (costing 1 Worker + 1 Food). Just by spending 2 Workers and 2 Food the Aztec would get 12 VP and 6 other Goods per turn.

It's powerful combo and I would like to hear your interpretation of the card rules. Is it VP and Goods for every card or just 2 VP + Goods?

cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Winston Spencer
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the cards with me, but by what is written in your post, you gain 1 VP and the matching goods, not 1 VP per card draw.

So with the extra cards you only increase the goods you gain because you have more matching goods, but don't increase your VP gains.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethidium Bromide
Germany
Potsdam
flag msg tools
mb
Quote:
I don't have the cards with me, but by what is written in your post, you gain 1 VP and the matching goods, not 1 VP per card draw.

Oh, bugger. I have made a typo. The "Sacrifice..." card clearly says 2 VP.
Sorry.

Nevertheless, my wife argues opposite. According to her, to see effects like you have wrote, the card rule would be worded differently, more like:
Quote:
Spend 1 Worker and 1 Food to Gain 2 VP. Pray 1: Gain and matching Good(s).(...)

A small, but significant, difference. And there would be no doubts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.