Länder toppen» Forums » Rules

Subject: What should be done in case of a tie for high/low value? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Huber

Westborough
Massachusetts
msg tools
I'm enjoying this game, but we hit a case in a recent game not covered in the rules. Two players played cards for the highest temperature - and they both were high, with a tie for the same temperature. I was surprised there was even one such case - since the data was carried out to two decimal places on one card - but in fact a quick check showed four temperatures with multiple countries - all high enough to potentially be high for a round:

26.6C: Ghana, Haiti
26.7C: East Timor, Philippines
26.8C: Papua New Guinea, Indonesia, Panama
27.2C: Jamaica, Qatar

We did the sensible thing, dividing the cards evenly, since this was possible. But I'd like to know what the designer's intent was - or if I should just break out a pen to add hundreds to differentiate...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
Why did Dracula become a bank? To deal with suckers every day!
mbmbmb
I think this section of the rules covers what you have described:

"In the rare case of several players having the highest or lowest value of one category each of these players only gets his own country card. It is their choice where they put it. In this exceptional case nobody gets the remaining country cards.They are taken out of the game."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Huber

Westborough
Massachusetts
msg tools
D'oh - looked in the wrong places in the rules (I expected it to be under Tricks, not Splitting the Tricks). Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.