$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 81.39

5,443 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
34.3% of Goal | 27 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Israeli Air Force Leader» Forums » General

Subject: Declaring Temporary Absence... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gerald Reston
United States
Albquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mb
From IAFL's KS at this time. I've been acting too melodramatic in trying to promote this KS... Not realizing there are those who would not want to support it for various reasons and that I could drive away more people than attract.

My apologies to Luftwaffe Flak, Micha and Eawyne - For not handling this like a rational person. As of now, I'm taking the former's advice and going to stay off this topic for a while. I can only hope for the best from here on.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing wrong with passion!

Unfortunately it can be mistaken for over zealous and that can make people uncomfortable.

Thank you for raising awareness of IAFL - without your enthusiasm I probably would not have looked at in time and seen what I liked for PL expanded in ways that has grabbed my backing.
(Oh and I also picked up U-Boat Leader and Gato Leader at a discount )
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Verssen
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
I'm glad that you were excited about IAFL, I am too I think to lay low for the next week, and then when the KS has 1 week to go, giving it one last push to get us over the 20K hump.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Reston
United States
Albquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mb
DanVerssen wrote:
I'm glad that you were excited about IAFL, I am too I think to lay low for the next week, and then when the KS has 1 week to go, giving it one last push to get us over the 20K hump.


Good luck, man. Meanwhile, I'll be conducting the second half of the first (ingame) Day of my TAL AAR, then recording it. I'll also follow it up by doing a Phantom Leader AAR on either the USAF or USN Linebacker '72 scenarios.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Beckler
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grandvp124_seraph wrote:
DanVerssen wrote:
I'm glad that you were excited about IAFL, I am too I think to lay low for the next week, and then when the KS has 1 week to go, giving it one last push to get us over the 20K hump.


Good luck, man. Meanwhile, I'll be conducting the second half of the first (ingame) Day of my TAL AAR, then recording it. I'll also follow it up by doing a Phantom Leader AAR on either the USAF or USN Linebacker '72 scenarios.


To be honest, that's a terrific way to continue to promote the Leader series - posting AARs.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Reston
United States
Albquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mb
wedgeantilles1971 wrote:
grandvp124_seraph wrote:
DanVerssen wrote:
I'm glad that you were excited about IAFL, I am too I think to lay low for the next week, and then when the KS has 1 week to go, giving it one last push to get us over the 20K hump.


Good luck, man. Meanwhile, I'll be conducting the second half of the first (ingame) Day of my TAL AAR, then recording it. I'll also follow it up by doing a Phantom Leader AAR on either the USAF or USN Linebacker '72 scenarios.


To be honest, that's a terrific way to continue to promote the Leader series - posting AARs.


Here's the first one I've posted thus far, with Hornet Leader Carrier Air Operations.
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1675304/hlcao-israeli-defen...

I'll post my planned AARs for Phantom Leader and TAL soon.
2 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Verssen
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
I really liked it Gerald!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Reston
United States
Albquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks! My first post on the TAL AAR Thread will be up if the staff is quick about it...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Verssen
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
We are in our final 48 hours!

Israeli Air Force Leader Kickstarter is almost done, in case you haven't seen it in a while, here are some of the major updates.

For the first time, a 9th Campaign is being added into a Leader Title. 1981 Operation Babylon, where Israel goes on the offense attempting to Destroy Iraq's strengthened Nuclear Power Plant.

Also a first, at the beginning of every Campaign, you can purchase Skills for Pilots that give them unique abilities giving you more decisions per Mission.

Both of the above come in every Core Game.

We also have Minis available for all of your planes. (Hostile Bandit/Site Minis are in the works now.)

Almost every DVG product is available for Add-ons.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dvgames/israeli-air-for...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Dan

As far as I know you can get in trouble with BGG for posting Kickstarter links here.

Gratz on funding, btw.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.