United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Have you seen the Yellow Sign?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was informed by the designer at BGG con that if a neutral country is attacked, assuming the attacker loses, that neutral country now joins the side of the defender. Does that mean the defending side places a control token, takes the territory card and subsequently receives its production?

Thanks, dan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Engelstein
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
The Dragon & Flagon: Available at Gencon!
badge
Ludology Host and Dice Tower Contributor
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Also applies to a quagmire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Poole
United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks again for answering all my questions so patiently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Sason
msg tools
engelstein wrote:

If Axis attack a neutral country that has, say, 1 neutral defend card, and Axis lose against it either by Defeat or by Rout, the winner (Defender) must remove from the game the neutral defend card or it can be placed in the defending slot once again?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Engelstein
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
apocatastasi wrote:
engelstein wrote:

If Axis attack a neutral country that has, say, 1 neutral defend card, and Axis lose against it either by Defeat or by Rout, the winner (Defender) must remove from the game the neutral defend card or it can be placed in the defending slot once again?

When a neutral card is taken off the board (for any reason) it is removed from the game. So it would stay in the case of a rout, since no defenders are removed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Sason
msg tools
voynix wrote:
I was informed by the designer at BGG con that if a neutral country is attacked, assuming the attacker loses, that neutral country now joins the side of the defender. Does that mean the defending side places a control token, takes the territory card and subsequently receives its production?

Thanks, dan

Can you help me, guys, in finding where in the rules this is stated? Thank you in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Poole
United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Frank,

That is totally not in the rules per se. That is why I asked the designer who was literally demoing the game at the next table over. He definitely stated neutral countries immediately become controlled by the other player (assuming the attackers lose)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Sason
msg tools
Thank you Dan. Suppose I (axis) attack the still neutral Spain; I loose so Spain becomes controlled by Allies: Spain's three neutral defense cards have to stay in Spain or rather they must be eliminated and replaced by Allies cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Poole
United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the rules on me now, but I am pretty sure the neutral defense cards stay. Allied cards may be added as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Engelstein
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Neutral defense cards stay - always - until they need to be removed via battle. If they are controlled by a player they can't be picked up off the board at the end of the year - they must stay there.

I'm working on a FAQ/Errata to clarify and codify these points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.