4 Posts

Star Wars: Armada» Forums » Strategy

Subject: how should I fly the liberty? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ethan Mung
Canada
flag msg tools
I've had the liberty for awhile now and it just occurred to me that I don't know what the best way to fly it is. Should I fly it like a nebulon, or an ISD, or something else entirely?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Minneman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Jackasses? You let a whole column get stalled and strafed on account of a couple of jackasses? What the hell's the matter with you?
mbmbmbmbmb
Pick a ship that's one size class smaller, and fly straight at it, blasting away. That's the simplest way. It has heavy guns and shielding to the front. Therefore, it's most effective with nose pointed to the enemy.

But that presupposes a lot: That you've built your list and objectives around using a Liberty that way. If you are going to use it to crash into your enemies nose-first, you have to help it out by providing whatever support your Liberty is going to need. Either Nebulons set to snipe at the enemy, or some heavy fighter support tucked close-in, or an objective that provides some assistance, or some other way to give it an edge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Maturin
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
You can fly it like Demolisher, another glass cannon that loves to go first/last. Liberties have less maneuverability but also pack a greater weapon range, and the ability to have gunnery teams.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Show me something that beats a natural 20 and I'll show you hateful lies.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maturin wrote:
You can fly it like Demolisher, another glass cannon that loves to go first/last. Liberties have less maneuverability but also pack a greater weapon range, and the ability to have gunnery teams.

And are hilarious with Madine and Engine Techs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.