Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eddie
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered the Curse of the Rougarou scenario from FFG's PoD (this is the scenario that was used at the Arkham Night events) and wow, the depth and scope of that scenario is huge. It will greatly enhance the value of the core set - if that will be the quality of mythos packs, or of a scenario in a deluxe expansion, I take back any worries I had about the deluxes being two and not three scenarios!

p.s. toothpicks for locations!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Ant
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
But does it contain anything that the Investigators can actually use in other scenarios?

Just curious . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Secrest
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We could have really benefitted from following this advice with our first 3player game today! blush
isthar wrote:
p.s. toothpicks for locations!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Rougarou only have a talent and a weakness that the investigator get from the scenario that carry from game to game other than that nothing else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joltin' Joe
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
iLLumines wrote:
Rougarou only have a talent and a weakness that the investigator get from the scenario that carry from game to game other than that nothing else.

You mean other than the sweet, sweet xp you earn that helps you advance your deck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
GI Joe wrote:
iLLumines wrote:

You mean other than the sweet, sweet xp you earn that helps you advance your deck!

Lol I printed a set out and tried it, it's god damn brutal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Immortal
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
Anyone knows if rougarou pack will be available at local retailers? And do you know if there are 2 copies of the talent card in there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Deimer
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
iLLumines wrote:

Not exactly true, there is also an ally asset that you might get as an reward with different resolution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Not worth picking up that ally asset for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
nightwishpower wrote:
Anyone knows if rougarou pack will be available at local retailers? And do you know if there are 2 copies of the talent card in there?

Ask your lcgs to order it for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Deimer
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
To be honest I think both rewards are very situational.
Some spoilers ahead:
Spoiler (click to reveal)

Curse + Talent: Curse is pretty decrimental, you want plenty of enemies to ensure you fight every round. For sure not good for solo or 2 players. With 3-4 Players there is a good chance that you will have enought enemies on the board.
The talent is all that great eigher, it makes you good fighter, but terrible investigar and will power of 2 isn't good either. In my opinion only investigator in base game whoo benefits from this is Skids. He gets a lot but don't loose much as he already has 2 willpower.

Lady Esprit - she is more universal ans has good symbols to commit to skills test. Ally slot is highly contested, so probably only Agnes and maybe Wendy could use her effectively as they don't have that great ally options. Also
she gets better with higher player count.

Anyway I think that all possible rewards, including amount of xp are just so-so for this scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milen Krastev
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JimZam wrote:
But does it contain anything that the Investigators can actually use in other scenarios?

Just curious . . .

No player cards within this scenarios
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nightwishpower wrote:

FFG do put these out to wider distribution, but many stores choose not to carry them. It's up for pre-order at Cool Stuff and Team Covenant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick question. I just received the PoD and there is no mention of what to do with the Talent or Curse (Treachery) card. Do you set them aside and something in the scenario brings them in, or what?...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Set them aside, don't peek!

Yes, all cards might get called upon, depending on various variables...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug London
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
In one try so far with three players we all found it repetitive and it dragged due to
needing 2 clues to engage the monster each times and he had so many hit points. We weren't dying it just felt endless. Liked the core set games better. Although I did love the flavor and art work

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dockery
msg tools
mb
Reid666 wrote:

The Ally is pretty broadly applicable. Yeah, she takes up the Ally slot, but she's expendable, so she fits in well if your other allies are used more for short-term effects and shielding than permanent boosts (like the Survivor allies).

As for the Talent, I like it. It's highly situational, of course, and dangerous to use, but I think it's neat. It really makes me want to find a way to make it work.
I actually think Wendy's a good choice. She doesn't need the Intellect or Willpower as much as any of the other characters, and she gets a massive Strength boost from it. Normally she's reliant on Events to deal damage; with Monstrous Transformation, she can actually save the cards for when she really needs them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Deimer
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
rsdockery wrote:
Reid666 wrote:

The Ally is pretty broadly applicable. Yeah, she takes up the Ally slot, but she's expendable, so she fits in well if your other allies are used more for short-term effects and shielding than permanent boosts (like the Survivor allies).

As for the Talent, I like it. It's highly situational, of course, and dangerous to use, but I think it's neat. It really makes me want to find a way to make it work.
I actually think Wendy's a good choice. She doesn't need the Intellect or Willpower as much as any of the other characters, and she gets a massive Strength boost from it. Normally she's reliant on Events to deal damage; with Monstrous Transformation, she can actually save the cards for when she really needs them.

Considering ally:

For sure she has some uses, especially with higher player count. The problem is that at the moment Roland, Skids and Wendy, all have too great options for ally slot. At the moment it is porbably most contested slot in the game.

Considering the talent:

I also thought about Wendy, Talent looks really great for her. But it comes in package with the curse. I am not sure if Wendy can handle the curse that well, as generally she isn't fighting that much. But for sure it is worth trying if you have combat oriented Wendy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.