Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Collins
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Checked lisboa this evening and noticed it plays 1-4. Thought it had said 2-4 previously. Curious to know if it will include official solo play rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dundy O
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm...I might get interested in the game if it has a good solo element.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Feld Fan
United States
flag msg tools
j41c wrote:
Checked lisboa this evening and noticed it plays 1-4. Thought it had said 2-4 previously. Curious to know if it will include official solo play rules.

Vital has said that he is currently working on the solo rules, and they should be provided by the end of the KS campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cabral
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He has made solo variants in his games since CO2 including The Gallerist and Vinhos Deluxe. He isn't happy with the solo in Lisboa right now but is very close to making an official one that is closer to the multiplayer game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Pombo
Uruguay
Zapican
Lavalleja
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There will be an official solo play.
I have playtested the solo version all weekend.
It's going to be really good. Very competitive.
Lacerda at his best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Lovell
United States
Edgewood
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wister wrote:

Why aren't you interested already?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gonzalo Herreros
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tehgr8supa wrote:
Wister wrote:

I think I can answer that because I'm in the same position.
If you don't have a group to play or they don't like games as heavy as this, then the solo variant is the only reason to purchase it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cabral
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GeekMail Vital directly and he will send you the draft instructions so that you can test it out on Tabletopia.

It isn't fully completed yet but he is close.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Lovell
United States
Edgewood
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gherreros wrote:
tehgr8supa wrote:
Wister wrote:

If you don't have a group to play or they don't like games as heavy as this, then the solo variant is the only reason to purchase it.

True. I guess I just don't see spending $70-$90 on a board game a good investment if it's almost exclusively for solo play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A K Vikhagen
Sweden
Gothenborg
flag msg tools
tehgr8supa wrote:
True. I guess I just don't see spending $70-$90 on a board game a good investment if it's almost exclusively for solo play.

Then you should visit the 1-player guild here on BGG - lots of money spent in the solo board game community

As an example, I bought The Gallerist and Vinhos almost exclusively for playing them solo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tehgr8supa wrote:
gherreros wrote:
tehgr8supa wrote:
Wister wrote:

Well, value is in the eye of the beholder. For me, a solo variant guarantees that a game will get played many times more than a purely multi-player game and adds huge value. I have several regular groups, but I enjoy solo play in between them. The solo variant is simply one more piece to this awesome puzzle, not the only reason to purchase it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank M.
United States
upstate New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tilde72 wrote:
tehgr8supa wrote:

Then you should visit the 1-player guild here on BGG - lots of money spent in the solo board game community

As an example, I bought The Gallerist and Vinhos almost exclusively for playing them solo.

Sadly, the setup looks very time consuming and the rule explanation sounded more convoluted and fiddly than I care to wade through and try to remember.

Interesting theme, again an unusual color palette, great KS campaign, but I have to pass on this one because I don't know anyone I could play it with and I don't see me enjoying it as a solo game. A brilliant designer! Sorry that this one is beyond my enjoyment level. It would look great on the shelf next to Vinhos & Gallerist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Lovell
United States
Edgewood
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skifreak737 wrote:
tilde72 wrote:
tehgr8supa wrote:

Sadly, the setup looks very time consuming and the rule explanation sounded more convoluted and fiddly than I care to wade through and try to remember.

Interesting theme, again an unusual color palette, great KS campaign, but I have to pass on this one because I don't know anyone I could play it with and I don't see me enjoying it as a solo game. A brilliant designer! Sorry that this one is beyond my enjoyment level. It would look great on the shelf next to Vinhos & Gallerist.

If you're talking about the solo rules, the setup is not time consuming st all, and the rules are pretty simple. I played half a game on Tabletopia last night and it seems like a pretty good challenge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.