Forbidden Stars» Forums » Rules

Subject: Double Advance rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arturs Lescinskis
Latvia
flag msg tools
Hello folks,

Bought Forbidden Stars last week after hesitating for a month or so, and yesterday gave it a quick test run to get ready for the first real game this Thursday.

I have a question regarding advance order, is something like this allowed?

basically, with first order I move a single ship and ground unit into adjacent system that already has a friendly world (lets say, it has a factory).
now, if I place the second advance order in other adjacent system and move the ship and ground unit that I've already moved in another system further on? From my understanding, since with the first advance order I moved into a friendly world, I suppose you can.

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas Hejtman
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Yes you can move them twice. Only limit is placing your advance orders to system where is your presence (structures/units) or to system that is adjacent to system with your presence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturs Lescinskis
Latvia
flag msg tools
Thanks!

follow-up questions.

same map, but I have 2 ground units and don't have a factory.
1. with first advance order I move ship to the void, and I claim that world(where factory was) with both ground units.
2. can I move the ship and ground troops further into next adjacent system with second advance order, or since that particular world got captured this turn it's not allowed? or that limitation regarding just captured world related to a single advance order?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loig Roumois
Switzerland
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
no you can't. since you have to place all orders first before executing any of them. So since the second world is not adjacent to any world you own, you cannot place an order token there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturs Lescinskis
Latvia
flag msg tools
Loig wrote:
no you can't. since you have to place all orders first before executing any of them. So since the second world is not adjacent to any world you own, you cannot place an order token there.

fair point. but if I had another ship there before, that would allow me to place a second advance order? in this case will it allow to drag on ground forces as I've explained in my previous comment?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loig Roumois
Switzerland
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
correct, since technically you "own" the void with that ship
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas Hejtman
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
If you could place second advance order, then you can play it this way, first advance - capture empty world, second advance - move to adjacent system and capture another world. There is only limit that you can´t move over enemy or empty world.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.