$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
39.5% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Formula Dé» Forums » Variants

Subject: House rules Formula De Club (20seconds for a driver to make their move) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rasmus Johansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
Hi all

I just wanted to share our house rules, as we think we have come up with a pretty good set of rules, to push the driver.

The most important thing is, is that we have a timer on the driver. You have 20 seconds to complete your move. You will have to change gear, roll the dice and move the car. The faster you go, the higher chance to make an error.

Also, if you dont make it in time, you will get a time flag (three flags = 1 sit over)

If you make an error counting the numbers, you will get a driver error falg. Same goes here, three flags = 1 sit over.

Flags can not be combined to a sit over.

Also, we have made som changes in collissions and engine rolls.

Any suggestions, to better improvement?

When we play, it's full on concentration.

Last but not least, the player who has the turn has the board. There for, people are not allowed to be counting their corner on the board, they must count with there hands to them self.

//Rasmus

REFERRER
At the start of the race, there will be two officials. Primary and secondary referrer, there job is to make sure everything is as planned.

TIME
Everybody has 20seconds to make the roll with the dice and move their car. You are only allowed to use one hand, and if you let off the car, before the end, it will calculate as a driver error, and you will be handed a flag. When you are done with your move, you will reset the clock and start it for next one.

QUALITY
Cast with the black cube for qualification, 1 = Pole Position

AWARD OF PIT
Best qualified team selects PIT area in each race, and so forth.

GEAR
It is allowed to gear down down before your trip, and after trips to cross the fields of. Have you made a mistake, and do not have the (points) to one's deleveraging will receive a time flag and a flag run, after which your turn restarted clockwise.

START
1-4: Bad start. The car remains, starting in first gear in the next trip.
17-20: Flying start. The car moves 4 squares without beating (+1 on soft tires).

COLLISSIONS
1-3 in dry weather.
1-5 in the rain.
If those are not the cause of the collision crash lose it is causing automatic one point and must still even turn. With crasher is believed that if a driver comes in, for example max 4 gear.
You do not die at last used wear points but can max drive in 4th gear, if unlucky again you must max run in the third ect, until 1st gear. Then you're out. It costs one pit-stop key(s) per. point to get back to full.
4 gear = a wear point 3 gear = Two WP, 2 gear = Three WP

ENGINE DAMAGE
1-3 in dry weather.
1-3 in the rain.
You die at last used the wear point.

SUSPENSION & DANGEROUS PLACES
1-5 in dry weather
1-7 in the rain
You do not die at last used the stick but can max drive in 4th gear, is unlucky again you must max run in the third ect, until 1st gear. Then you're out. It costs pit-stop key (s) per. point to get back to full.
4 gear = a wear point 3 gear = Two WP, 2 gear = Three WP

PIT STOPS ARE NOW HAVE 3 WEARPOINTS
1-10 Your pit crew is in top form. You move half of the eyes (rounded up) in fourth gear.
(No +1 bonus by Soft Tires)
11-20 Your pit crew sucks. You have to wait a game and then move into 4th gear or lower.
If you use the Repair Points (shift key (s)) must be reported as FULL PIT-STOP, and do not turn with the dice. You expect a round. and beats so in 4th gear electricity. lower.
WEAR POINTS
It is allowed to use all the wear points (keys) on his game board from the start, but it implies that the reduced number of keys. Thus we have 23 points to use, but a maximum of 3 may be used as keys.

SLIP STREAMING (Drafting)
1. A car can only slipstream if it is in the same or in a higher gear than the car in front of it.
2. Both cars to must be in minimum of 4. gear.
3. There can not be used brakes in order to obtain a slipstream
4. Slipstreaming is voluntary, but if you slipstream, you have to use all three fields. However, there may be braked as normal if one wants this.
5. Slip streamed from just-off-road and into a turn, it costs 1 Brake Point without the trip is reduced by a field. This counts as a stop.
6. It is allowed to slipstream in a turn, but the arrows instructions in turn should be followed.

FLAG
If you get three flags of the same type, you will sit over a turn.
Time Flag
You get a time flag if you haven’t finished your move within the time slot (20 seconds)
Driver error flag
If the driver makes an error, he gets a driver error flag. Flag is given when there is an error in the count and starting fresh with counting, or if you have made an illegal move.
It is possible to have both the time flag and run flag in the same round.
Weather
Is it the rain and being beaten to changeable, it is still raining, also sunshine. Is rolled sunshine twice in a row, the sun the rest of the race, and therefore can not be changed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread might be happier under 'Variants'. Thanks for sharing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from Rules to Variants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rasmus Johansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
Thanks, for that.

Now being in the correct subcat, any suggestions or improvements for the variants. And has anybody else been trying with a timer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niels Kjær
Denmark
Malling
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think the timer can work well, if it is agreed before starting the game.
We rarely have a problem with time on our league, but most have also played for a long time, which might be a deciding factor.

Looking at the risks of damage, i am guessing that you are not many playing, or that you have several crashes every race laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rasmus Johansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
We have been playing with the timer for 6-7 seasons now, so people are pretty use to it by now.

We actually dont have that many crashes, we are allways 6 people player, so not a full game. But the biggest factor might be, that if you have used all of your suspension, bodywork, you can't use higher gear then 4th.

So if people crashes, then it's because of the engine or that they have ran our of tyres.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niels Kjær
Denmark
Malling
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Note to self: read post carefully before writing your inital thoughts

I did not notice the 'max-fourth-gear-rule' for the cars that lose their last body/suspension point.

In that case, I am guessing that it happens every race that a car or two need to slink into the pits in fourth gear...

OT (but in-game): Did you notice we ended our season here in Aarhus on our 3D-track?
Favourite moment was when I was alone in the lead ninja

You should come over and race someday.

http://formulade.dk/index.php?page=raceid&year=2016&typeid=1...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rasmus Johansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
It happens now and then, specially in the last lap, when people are trying to reach the corner first.

That looks awsome, and I really like the track and how you have made it. Btw, I tried printing the grand stands, but I never succeded with it. And I have changed job by now, but they look really good

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.