Subject: EXPANSIONS and delivery time rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
vagelis
Greece
Πειραιάς
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone knows if the expansions will be released with the core game and they'll be deliverd together or we have to wait for them????
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
so far their plan looks like a release at the same time.
And given the elements shown from the expansions that might be realistic.

If the game as a whole will be on time is another question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
matsas wrote:
Does anyone knows if the expansions will be released with the core game and they'll be deliverd together or we have to wait for them????

Everything is planned to be delivered in one go - otherwise shipping would become way too expensive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
asgorn wrote:
If the game as a whole will be on time is another questions.

Yep, it will be interesting to see, if they manage.

They seem very determined to make the deadline without any delays, so I am cautiously optimistic (but won't start whining, if they miss it by a few months).

It would, of course, be great for their reputation, considering the delays with the Conan Kickstarter. They are, already, earning a lot of points for their current handling of the Mythic Battles campaign, which is really well executed.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Clapperton
United Kingdom
Hebburn
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
mbmb
They're way ahead of where most similar KS are at the same stage. We've not seen anything less than a render for any units so far, and some are tooled and a few tweaks away from being ready for manufacture. We've also been told that the game is fully designed and playtested barring any additional scenarios which are getting added during the campaign. All of which means that even if the Dec 17 can't be hit, and I'm cautiously optimistic that it can, that there shouldn't be a situation in which the core box is ready six or months earlier than the rest of the product.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
redben wrote:
They're way ahead of where most similar KS are at the same stage. We've not seen anything less than a render for any units so far, and some are tooled and a few tweaks away from being ready for manufacture. We've also been told that the game is fully designed and playtested barring any additional scenarios which are getting added during the campaign. All of which means that even if the Dec 17 can't be hit, and I'm cautiously optimistic that it can, that there shouldn't be a situation in which the core box is ready six or months earlier than the rest of the product.

Yep. The fact that a lot of sculpts/renders are already delivered at the manufacturer may on the one heand mean they can not be altered anymore, on the other it means production is ready to start anytime soon.

I have the idea they are very very well prepared and have learnt a lot from their previous Conan campaign. So not worried at all, not that I expect them to be on time (I think 5% of the KS are) - but it won't be half a year late. And I won't mind being pleasantly surprised!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vagelis
Greece
Πειραιάς
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Τhe 4 expansions (HERA-POSEIDON-TROYAN WAR-HEPHAESTUS) they have plan to release in the shops or not???(sorry for my english....are not good i know)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Clapperton
United Kingdom
Hebburn
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
mbmb
No need to say sorry, it's more than good enough

They would like all of the expansions to be in stores, but can't 100% guarantee it because it depends on there being distributors and stores willing to carry them. I'm pretty sure they've said if Conan is a success in stores then that will help with Mythic Battles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit VOGT
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mb
matsas wrote:

The whole KS content will be delivered at the same time. The delivery date is scheduled on December 2017. Please note that all miniatures presented so far are sculpted and that we have the molds for most of them or the molds are under production. We just received today new plastic casts from the factory and we made a live on kickstarer to show them (you can see it on the KS page). We benefit from Monolith's experience on Conan. Mythic Battles: Pantheon is way more advanced than Conan was at the same stage. Conan's mistakes will not be repeated and the delivery will be smoother.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Fuller
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mb
While I might be perhaps a tad overly optimistic, I have a feeling that they might actually complete delivery earlier than their time frame of December 2017. Perhaps even by as much as a month. No idea why I have this perception or where it comes from, but hey a little bit of optimism never hurts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit VOGT
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mb
redben wrote:
No need to say sorry, it's more than good enough

They would like all of the expansions to be in stores, but can't 100% guarantee it because it depends on there being distributors and stores willing to carry them. I'm pretty sure they've said if Conan is a success in stores then that will help with Mythic Battles.

This is exactly what the situation is. At this stage we hope to have at least the 3 major expansions on store (Poseidon, Hephaestus and Hera) but we cannot guarantee it. Please note that if these expansions are released on store, they will be more expensive than on the KS and that they will not include the KSE content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit VOGT
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mb
13nytemares wrote:
While I might be perhaps a tad overly optimistic, I have a feeling that they might actually complete delivery earlier than their time frame of December 2017. Perhaps even by as much as a month. No idea why I have this perception or where it comes from, but hey a little bit of optimism never hurts.

Well, you know how things can go… After Conan we are cautious. We are announcing a conservative delivery date that we trust we will meet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vagelis
Greece
Πειραιάς
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yew but they told me that the shipping price rises +10 euros for each add-on so the price for the expansion is the same with the retail version(ok i know that you will not have the KS miniature) what about this?????
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
matsas wrote:
.. they told me that the shipping price rises +10 euros for each add-on ..

I can't imagine. But yes, a few more shipping estimates on the campaign page would be nice.
You just don't want angry backers demanding a refund because shipping went from $25 to $70.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, unless you have a store near you, which will have it on the shelf, you will have shipping cost either way.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanee wrote:
Well, unless you have a store near you, which will have it on the shelf, you will have shipping cost either way.

Pick the boxes up in Paris, perhaps?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Teowulff wrote:
Thanee wrote:

Pick the boxes up in Paris, perhaps?

hmm for me that would be something like 100-200 EUR depending on mode of travel - I think I would prefer delivery

I think the estimates on the main page are based on Conan with Core+Stretch Goal boxes, at least I remember reading something in that direction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Resner
United States
austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teowulff wrote:
matsas wrote:

Everything is planned to be delivered in one go - otherwise shipping would become way too expensive.

Since when has that stopped KS projects before? They just apologize and pass the shipping on to the backers.

You've already paid for the product so unless you cough up the extra shipping you just made a donation.

I'd like to hear from the creators themselves what the fulfillment plan is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris F
United States
Willmar
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Rochambeaux wrote:
Teowulff wrote:
matsas wrote:

Since when has that stopped KS projects before? They just apologize and pass the shipping on to the backers.

You've already paid for the product so unless you cough up the extra shipping you just made a donation.

I'd like to hear from the creators themselves what the fulfillment plan is.

Agreed could Benoit please provide some insight on the shipping plan and its cost for the large bundles or per addon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Perez
France
Paris
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
designer
Soon in retail !
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rochambeaux wrote:

Well on this particular point, since Monolith is involved, you can be assured this won't happen. I mean, on Conan, they did get late, they did apologize for sending 2 waves, but the backers didn't have to pay one cent more. All the additional money came from Monolith pocket.

Now, Monolith learned a lot from Conan mistakes, they are now a much bigger team, they are associated with a second publisher (Mythic Games), and they are much more advanced with production than they were at the time of Conan KS. So I am quite certain that things won't be that bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.