Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Cisne
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Heads up - a new print run of our favourite Hulk is plunging out of the Warp on December 3rd.

It's retailing at £75 too, which is probably a sign that I've been ruined by GW's pricing model, because this now seems like a good deal to me robot (And of course, online retailers can give up to 25% off that price.)

It seems to be a straight reprint of 4th Edition...it's good to see the game being shown some love again.

Hulk your Space
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We apologise for the inconvenience
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Always nice to see some version of this game in print

Anyone have any other info confirming it's a simple reprint of 4e?

I guess we could see some new stuff cropping up shortly after it's release... more White Dwarf missions/rules perhaps, given recent form? Hopefully no more digital-only missions or companion apps though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
Breothain wrote:

It's retailing at £75 too, which is probably a sign that I've been ruined by GW's pricing model, because this now seems like a good deal to me robot (And of course, online retailers can give up to 25% off that price.)

Well, considering that Imperial Assault is almost £80 at Element Games (and that's including the online discount), £75 for this (before a minimum of 20% off) is a steal. The fact is, the price for everything is high now, and GW prices (for the board games at least) aren't as crazy as they used to seem.

This looks like a direct reprint - the picture shows all the same components, and if there was anything new, they definitely would have run a piece on it considering it's available from 3 December.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pudsy wrote:
Always nice to see some version of this game in print

Anyone have any other info confirming it's a simple reprint of 4e?

I guess we could see some new stuff cropping up shortly after it's release... more White Dwarf missions/rules perhaps, given recent form? Hopefully no more digital-only missions or companion apps though!

FWIW, each digital mini-campaign used the exact Terminators in the respective boxsets (Dark Angels Dark Vengeance, Black Reach, Space Wolf boxset).

"If we build it, we will sell it."*

*"And, they will buy it."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We apologise for the inconvenience
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And here's confirmation that there are no changes...

Thanks to "Slev" on 3rd Ed forums...
GW's blog confirmed in the last 24 that this is a streigt re-issuse of the 4th edition game from 2014.

Here's the link & quote from the blog...
The box itself is the same as the edition released in 2014 – and is an entirely self-contained game in a box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt McK
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
do games workshop always sell at rrp in their physical stores? There's one in my local town centre but I'm a tight git so would probably order online if it saves me £10-£15.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SKEEEZ wrote:
do games workshop always sell at rrp in their physical stores? There's one in my local town centre but I'm a tight git so would probably order online if it saves me £10-£15.

Yeah. Full price in stores. Part of that price incorporates the service you get from the staff - the chance to play, see it set up, etc. You can get minimum 20% off by shopping at places like Element Games and Wayland Games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt McK
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
That's a shame. Can't turn down that sort of discount though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K J
msg tools
mbmbmb
Why did they release now called 5th Edition of Space Hulk? There are absolutely some ppl around that do want to buy it of course.

But then again. Why? Most ppl already DO have this game.

So yet again. Why? Is there truly a big point of this being released YET again?

So. Why?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rox4Games wrote:
Why did they release now called 5th Edition of Space Hulk? There are absolutely some ppl around that do want to buy it of course.

But then again. Why? Most ppl already DO have this game.

So yet again. Why? Is there truly a big point of this being released YET again?

So. Why?

It's not a fifth edition. Just a reprint of fourth edition.

It's a popular game. Stock of the 2014 edition is pretty much sold out everywhere (a few independents may have a dusty copy, but GW itself and most of the major UK sellers have none). It's no different to FFG doing another print run of Imperial Assault.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Manuel Campos
Guatemala
San Jose Pinula
GUATEMALA
flag msg tools
mbmb
I just pre ordered it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
juanmazila wrote:
I just pre ordered it

Think about it...Do the maths...

You just pre-ordered the Fourth Edition that was last printed two years ago. That was a minor update of a Third Edition that was released seven years ago. That was a major update of a Second Edition that was printed twenty years ago. That was a total restyling of a First Edition that was originally released twenty-seven years ago.

Excellent! Party on, Juan!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeJayGe
United States
Windsor Hills
California
flag msg tools
The Idealist Counselor - Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging (INFJ)
badge
Don't hate the game, hate the player.
mbmbmbmbmb
ZombieMark wrote:
juanmazila wrote:
I just pre ordered it

You just pre-ordered the Fourth Edition that was last printed two years ago. That was a minor update of a Third Edition that was released seven years ago. That was a major update of a Second Edition that was printed twenty years ago. That was a total restyling of a First Edition that was originally released twenty-seven years ago.

Party on, Juan!

It is a great game. For anyone that doesn't already have it, and is interested in this type of game, it is worth looking into and getting a copy.

Contrary to popular belief, having an older or newer copy of the 4th edition, or even having a 3rd edition doesn't really mean that big of a difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ZombieMark wrote:
juanmazila wrote:
I just pre ordered it

Excellent! Party on, Juan!

Um, what's your point?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys are missing the irony here. "Pre-order" usually means a brand new item. Here, Juan has on pre-order a game that has spanned 28 years in various iterations (at the very least, 8 years in it's current iteration, more or less). It's just a funny turn of events. It's great for him. Just to be able to say it is cool.

It's like, "I have on pre-order a '68 Mustang." I mean, it kinda of is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ZombieMark wrote:
You guys are missing the irony here. "Pre-order" usually means a brand new item. Here, Juan has on pre-order a game that has spanned 28 years in various iterations (at the very least, 8 years in it's current iteration, more or less). It's just a funny turn of events. It's great for him. Just to be able to say it is cool.

I guess I just don't see it. Is it funny/weird that I can preorder tickets to a Star Wars movie?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SpoDaddy wrote:
ZombieMark wrote:

I guess I just don't see it. Is it funny/weird that I can preorder tickets to a Star Wars movie?

It would be if the movie was The Empire Strikes Back. Seems like that should be a post-order.whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio Riquelme
Chile
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess if they're reprinting, then you can "re-pre-pre-order" it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Manuel Campos
Guatemala
San Jose Pinula
GUATEMALA
flag msg tools
mbmb
ZombieMark wrote:

The thing is that I do not have any of the previous edition of the game, yes it's the 4th edition of an older game, a game that I really enjoy and a game that I don't own yet, so I'm agree with the mustang thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which is exactly what makes this so great!

Party on, Juan!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patching
United Kingdom
Newport, Wales
flag msg tools
If you notice this notice you wil notice that this notice was not worth noticing
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always been of the opinion that there's no such thing as a 'pre'order anyway - aren't you really just ordering it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Manuel Campos
Guatemala
San Jose Pinula
GUATEMALA
flag msg tools
mbmb
panzer-attack wrote:
I've always been of the opinion that there's no such thing as a 'pre'order anyway - aren't you really just ordering it?

I am agree, this time they already send the game, it´s supposed to arrive tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D S
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mine arrived today. 'Tis a beauty!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JC GB
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I´m still waiting for my copy
I made my pre-order last Saturday, Nov. 26th, and Games-Workshop sent me an e-Mail last Monday, Nov. 28, confirming that my order was on the way. And I was very happy. Today, I´ve checked my order by phone and they don´t know what´s happening with UPS transport. In the shop they told me that there´s a problem with the weather in France, which I find it funny and strange (I guess Games Workshop send their orders with horse-drawn carriages or something similar in this XXI century...). I don´t know... It´s everything very strange. Is someone else in the same situation like me?
I´m worried. I´ll wait until next Friday, Dec. 9th. If I don´t receive any good news about my order, then I´ll cancel it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.