Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Burkhard Hannig
Germany
Neritz
flag msg tools
mb
Hello,

do I see this correctly, that the only way to open a locked/closed door, (without a crowbar) is to shoot it open?

No chance to open it with a stealthy close combat attack?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud de la Touanne
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
groescha wrote:
Hello,

do I see this correctly, that the only way to open a locked/closed door, (without a crowbar) is to shoot it open?

No chance to open it with a stealthy close combat attack?

You are right about the rules (and you can use a silent weapon to shoot doors silently).

The reason behind this choice is to avoid multiplying actions (and rules) and keep the game as straight forward as possible. For example, before players could open doors using TNT charge, but nobody used this option, so I removed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burkhard Hannig
Germany
Neritz
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks

I played the second training scenario. So there is no other way, than to shoot the door open, raise the alarm and try to interrupt it the next turn.

Regarding this scenario, when I read it correct the guards reinforcement will only occupy/fill up the medium room and not move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud de la Touanne
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you are right again
For information, the objective of this scenario is to make you use all the commando actions, switching off the alarm is one of them as you understood.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burkhard Hannig
Germany
Neritz
flag msg tools
mb
I was lucky, I moved to the small room adjacent to the object room (1 Action) and become stealthy. Then stealthy into the object room (medium room) for 2 Action. 3 Guards did a stealth check 6,6,3. So I am not spotted. Placed the TNT for 1 Action. Moved out of the room for 1 Action.
And blow up the room for 0 Action.

I saved 2 +1 Actions from the last two turns. So I was able to play the above action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Langer
Germany
Coburg
Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
FIS Franconian Gaming Club
badge
History teacher at work
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I've also just completed Training 2 - my Sapper was shot right after placing the charge. But the officer managed to escape, shortly before "Stukas" (event card) blew up the trap door!

I'm struggling a bit with the rules here and there, especially with the "terrain" term - though I'm getting used to it... I guess.

I was a bit confused about the following:

groescha wrote:
I saved 2 +1 Actions from the last two turns. So I was able to play the above action.

The cards of the Sapper and the Officer both only show one dedicated space for a +1 token, so shouldn't it be impossible to safe tokens over the last two turns? The back of the Sapper card shows two +1 spaces, but this is not the one shown on the training page. On the other hand you wrote that you placed the TNT for 1 action - the Sapper shows it as a "0A" action - so I placed it for free.

[PS:I don't want to criticize you Burkhard, I'm just trying to understand the rules. ]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud de la Touanne
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Cornicer wrote:
Hello,

I've also just completed Training 2 - my Sapper was shot right after placing the charge. But the officer managed to escape, shortly before "Stukas" (event card) blew up the trap door!

The Stukas card says that "the trap door remains in place" (not blown up / removed). So your second character should be able to reach the exit too. But maybe I missed something?

Cornicer wrote:
I'm struggling a bit with the rules here and there, especially with the "terrain" term - though I'm getting used to it... I guess.

I was a bit confused about the following:

groescha wrote:

The cards of the Sapper and the Officer both only show one dedicated space for a +1 token, so shouldn't it be impossible to safe tokens over the last two turns? The back of the Sapper card shows two +1 spaces, but this is not the one shown on the training page. On the other hand you wrote that you placed the TNT for 1 action - the Sapper shows it as a "0A" action - so I placed it for free.

You are perfetly right in both cases: you cannot save more actions than the dedicated spaces on your commando card and the Saper can place TNT for 0 action.

Cornicer wrote:
[PS:I don't want to criticize you Burkhard, I'm just trying to understand the rules. ]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Langer
Germany
Coburg
Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
FIS Franconian Gaming Club
badge
History teacher at work
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Thibaud, thank you for your answers.

Quote:
The Stukas card says that "the trap door remains in place" (not blown up / removed). So your second character should be able to reach the exit too. But maybe I missed something?

You got me wrong here. My Officer quickly jumped into the trap door and I won, just before the Stukas did their bomb run - I just wanted to stress the dramatic finale, as it really felt like a movie showdown with the Sapper being tragically killed and everything ending in a giant explosion.

But regarding the "Stukas" card: I've also played training 3 now and drew the "Stukas" card again. So there is the entry trap door - the tile was empty - and there is the exit trap door - with two Germans on it at that moment. Am I allowed to choose which door tile is hit, or should that be decided randomly (e.g. by rolling a die)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud de la Touanne
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Cornicer wrote:
Hello Thibaud, thank you for your answers.

Quote:

You got me wrong here. My Officer quickly jumped into the trap door and I won, just before the Stukas did their bomb run - I just wanted to stress the dramatic finale, as it really felt like a movie showdown with the Sapper being tragically killed and everything ending in a giant explosion.

OK, that's nice

Cornicer wrote:
But regarding the "Stukas" card: I've also played training 3 now and drew the "Stukas" card again. So there is the entry trap door - the tile was empty - and there is the exit trap door - with two Germans on it at that moment. Am I allowed to choose which door tile is hit, or should that be decided randomly (e.g. by rolling a die)?

For all these situations, check the text block "Players decision" page 5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.