4 Posts

Wargames» Forums » General

Subject: Advice for christmas gift rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Chudarek
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Hi guys, I hv approximatelly 200-250 usd to spent And because I like antic period And middleage aswell I consideration Falling Sky Aš a First game to buy, I wd like to know which other game would u recommend me from the wargame, I like vikings theme And Američan native wars aswell or pirate topic. Im not much experienced in wargames And would prefer a Games which are playable sólo aswell, thanx in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luka Kovač Plavi
Croatia
Našice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Falling sky is a thing if you have a group to play with. You can play it solo if you want tho.

If you have one person, cant go wrong with Hannibal: Rome vs. Carthage or Commands & Colors: Ancients if you are more into tactical game than strategic scope.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron A
United States
Coronado
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Comanchería: The Rise and Fall of the Comanche Empire is supposed to be printed soon. It is solo only. May not be printed in time for Xmas. It's predecessor was highly regarded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Spak
United States
Spencer
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the Pirate theme try
If you can, grab the first edition/Avalon Hill version. I've not played the GMT effort, but the reviews I've read have been mixed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.