7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Survey regarding a new concept for a board game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
pavel georgiev
msg tools
new user
Hello, my name is Pavel, I am doing a survey regarding a new concept for a board game. As I can see I am not the only one posting a survey, but since this is the biggest board game forum I will have to ask for you help also The reason being is that I had my internship recently at a company which is working on a new concept for a board game. The aim of my survey is to find out what you think about it and what are your playing preferences. Thank you in advance for your answers.

Survey link: https://goo.gl/forms/z23YPZp4dQho0X143

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy Basi
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am just having my coffee, so I am a bit salty, but frankly getting opinions from a very small sample that is self selected about what they might or might not play from a survey is probably not the best way to design a game. People will play all sorts of things if the game itself is good, so designing by committee to try to hit all the bases is not the way I would go about it.

Good luck with your project!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This survey is suspiciously similar to the one presented here: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1676054/survey-we-have-...

Are you guys class mates?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pavel georgiev
msg tools
new user
The game is already designed actually, it has rules a map, figures, the concept is done, the purpose of the survey is to find out what people think and what they prefer. Its the other way around in this case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pavel georgiev
msg tools
new user
It is pretty similar, but no.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk
United States
Commerce Twp.
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, survey has a lot of holes too.... e.g. asking what Genres (plural) I like but only allowing 1 answer, asking for how many hours I play without being clear if it is by week, month, year....

Since you are having a lot of US based replies here at BGG you may want to add $ to the Euro question. Not all questions are clear as well.

Good start but could use some refinements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carmila Cho
msg tools
new user
Maybe we should team up with Pavel for our class project.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.