10 Posts

RuneWars: Miniatures Game» Forums » General

Subject: Do we know what easily assembled means? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Spain
msg tools
mbmb
I saw this used on the in flight report and I'm not sure if that means cutting from sprues and gluing, or some sort of popping in place without glue. Do we know yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danwarr
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
c0ntinuum wrote:
I saw this used on the in flight report and I'm not sure if that means cutting from sprues and gluing, or some sort of popping in place without glue. Do we know yet?

I always assumed that FFG was taking a similar approach to this as they did with X-Wing and Armada where everything is essentially pre-assembled and pre-painted. Those models just need to be snapped onto the bases right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very good question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ghorron
Germany
flag msg tools
As the miniatures come unpainted I rather doubt it will be just snap-to-base... maybe it is a low piece count for each miniature like 3-5?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It probably means some large miniatures will come in two or three pieces, but I doubt they will come in sprues. At least that is the case with Descent and Battlelore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Millen
United Kingdom
Greyabbey
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools

In my view, the minimum implication of this description is snap-together, no glue required.

Pre-painted I would doubt, but if FFG could do that they would lob a bomb into the miniatures market.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
mb
They aren't pre-painted, they aren't pre-assembled. The FFG site indicated: "Whether you assemble your figures according to the directions in the rulebook, or create bold new modifications and alternate paint schemes, the world of Terrinoth is yours to enter and enjoy when you start painting and creating your own army of RuneWars figures." Which would seem there will be enough assembly for customization to be a factor.

The line they are dancing is being able to appeal to minis wargamers who are quite comfortable with assembly and customization, and appealing to boardgamers & noobs who are not comfortable with anything beyond push-fit keyed joints.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Clevenger
United States
Sunnyvale
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure it's easy as Robotech RPG Tactics minis ... they were described as "easy assembly"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aswin Agastya
Indonesia
Bekasi
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
They aren't pre-painted, they aren't pre-assembled. The FFG site indicated: [COLOR=#FF0000]"Whether you assemble your figures according to the directions in the rulebook, or create bold new modifications and alternate paint schemes

I think "bold new modifications" are conversion... like something involving clippers, knives, wire, greenstuff, plasticard, etc... but I could be wrong ofc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xelto G
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
They aren't pre-painted, they aren't pre-assembled. The FFG site indicated: "Whether you assemble your figures according to the directions in the rulebook, or create bold new modifications and alternate paint schemes, the world of Terrinoth is yours to enter and enjoy when you start painting and creating your own army of RuneWars figures." Which would seem there will be enough assembly for customization to be a factor.

The line they are dancing is being able to appeal to minis wargamers who are quite comfortable with assembly and customization, and appealing to boardgamers & noobs who are not comfortable with anything beyond push-fit keyed joints.

I suspect it will be like Imperial Assault. Smaller characters will be one-piece figures, and larger figures (like the AT-ST from IA) will be relatively easy to assemble.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.