Subject: Guilty Pleasure discount while stealing a Leader rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Caffrey
Ireland
Meath
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I have two Guilty Pleasures that match a leader that another player owns, how many minions do I need to spend? The rules say that you have to pay one minion even if you can ignore both symbols, but does the extra minion paid to steal a Leader count as the one you need to pay?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Chandler III
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
No. The extra minion paid to steal a Leader does not count as the one you need to pay. When considering requirements to gain control of a leader, first you apply any discounts from Guilty Pleasure cards, then you consider if the leader is currently occupied. If they are, you must pay 1 minion of any type to take control of the leader.

Consider the following 2 scenarios:

Let's say you have 2 Chef's Hats on Guilty Pleasure cards. You want to influence a leader with the Chef Hat icon. That leader is uncontrolled. In this case you make take that leader for free.

Let's say you have 1 Chef Hat on a Guilty Pleasure card. You want to influence a leader with the Chef Hat icon. That leader require a Goblin, and a Demon to influence. That leader is uncontrolled. In this case, you make take that leader by paying a Goblin OR a Demon.

Now let's consider the two above scenarios where the leader is currently controlled by another player.

In the first case you get the space for free, but since the leader is occupied you must pay a Minion of any type to take control of the space.

In the second case you would need to pay a Goblin OR a Demon, then since the leader is occupied you would need to pay an additional Minion of any type to take control of the space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Caffrey
Ireland
Meath
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That answers my original question but brings up another. In the rules it says "If players have two or more Guilty Pleasures matching a Leader’s Guilty Pleasure Type, they may ignore both Minions listed on the Leader’s associated cost. Regardless of any Guilty Pleasure discount, players must still always pay one Minion to steal a Leader."

I took that to mean that if you have two Guilty Pleasure cards that match the Leader, you ignore the icon and pay one minion of any type. Meaning that in your example you can choose to pay a zombie instead of the listed Goblin or Demon if you have 2 Chef's Hat symbols.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Chandler III
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Legandir wrote:
That answers my original question but brings up another. In the rules it says "If players have two or more Guilty Pleasures matching a Leader’s Guilty Pleasure Type, they may ignore both Minions listed on the Leader’s associated cost. Regardless of any Guilty Pleasure discount, players must still always pay one Minion to steal a Leader."

I took that to mean that if you have two Guilty Pleasure cards that match the Leader, you ignore the icon and pay one minion of any type. Meaning that in your example you can choose to pay a zombie instead of the listed Goblin or Demon if you have 2 Chef's Hat symbols.

That is correct. The additional minion to overtake a leader position is always "wild" and can be a minion of any type.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.