Subject: Playthrough of "Final Version" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Hutchinson
United Kingdom
Sheffield
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I printed and played the final version from the kickstarter last night. I used the PDF from the download link that was in the post for backers.

Overall, I'm a bit disappointed.

So much seems to have been cut out, and rearranged from earlier iterations of the project and I'm worried that some essential parts have been lost. Overall there is a clunky feel to the story now, and a lot of numbers (items and such) seem to no longer match.

In the following spoilers I highlight 3 of the main problems I encountered, there are more problems, but they were largely superficial.

1:
Spoiler (click to reveal)

Other than item 20, I can't find a way of getting the yellow tile required for talking to Pratt (Other than timing out twice).

This becomes even more of a disaster as you can't get to Mudd because of this.

2:

Item 2 is now the link to the farm instead of the sheriff's badge, so a massive spoiler has been introduced when you are directed to draw item 2 in the hotel room.

3:

The password length doesn't link to the right item in the item deck anymore
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Schelter
Canada
Bracebridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rabit71 wrote:
I printed and played the final version from the kickstarter last night. I sued (I assume you meant USED) the PDF from the download link that was in the post for backers.

I am confused. Is this a fan made expansion that someone released for purchase somehow?

Seems bold to me. Are Space Cowboys sanctioning that kind of thing, (If so, good on them - I'd love more good Time Stories adventures)

Where would one purchase said fan-expansion? I have downloaded some free ones but never saw mention of a kickstarter anywhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hutchinson
United Kingdom
Sheffield
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There was a kickstarter for a comic. The artist also did a TIME stories scenario as a tie-in for backers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Schelter
Canada
Bracebridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the artist on BGG that I could contact him or her via GM? I am hoping they may have some extra copies and I can purchase one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobi Wagner
Germany
Ludwigsburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I contacted him twice two weeks ago because of the issues and he did not reply although he was online on BGG everyday. He just doesn't care I guess.

Edit: typos

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yvet Veltkamp
Netherlands
Amsterdam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I backed the kickstarter as well and it took me a few weeks and lots of effort to get any reaction from the maker. Eventually I got the final version after asking the kickstartersite to contact him. Haven't played it yet. Thanks John, for your post. Did you look at the rough version as well? Did that seem better to you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yvet Veltkamp
Netherlands
Amsterdam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John, please rate the game here at bgg. Because the maker + one other person gave a 9 and a 10 it gets an overall 6.8, while others gave it extreme low scores. I backed the project based on the 6.8

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Fronk
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
So do you think this is worth printing out? That's disappointing to hear. Is there a way to fix the issues myself after printing that would still make it an enjoyable experience? Don't know whether to print or wait in hope that he will fix the issues and send a new pdf.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.