Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dylan Bradshaw
United States
North Scituate
Ri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Often in the game I will push the die down to a lower number only to have it taken immediately by the next player. Frusterating! They get paid to get what I paid to lower! Instead of them pushing a die for income they can exchange with mine for income. I wonder if it would make more sense to charge a 3 coin fee for exchanging dice paid to the other player? If this were the rule, pushing dice for income would happen more throughout the game because exchanging dice for income wouldn't be an option. Also, taking a players lower numbers would be a more difficult decision because you have to pay for the work they did to lower the dice in the first place. Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Maynard
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmb
I haven't actually played this game yet but have it on order and have been studying the rules. However...
Quote:
Often in the game I will push the die down to a lower number only to have it taken immediately by the next player. Frusterating! They get paid to get what I paid to lower!

Isn't it true that when you exchange a die with another player that you have to exchange a die of the same value as the one you are giving up? In which case exchanging a die is only useful for changing the colours of your home dice and not for lowering the value of them (something which, as you say, you have to pay to do).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Bradshaw
United States
North Scituate
Ri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK that seems more balanced now. I seem to have forgotten that rule in play
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O' Ibb
Ireland
Donegal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fried Egg wrote:
I haven't actually played this game yet but have it on order and have been studying the rules. However...
Quote:
Often in the game I will push the die down to a lower number only to have it taken immediately by the next player. Frusterating! They get paid to get what I paid to lower!

Isn't it true that when you exchange a die with another player that you have to exchange a die of the same value as the one you are giving up? In which case exchanging a die is only useful for changing the colours of your home dice and not for lowering the value of them (something which, as you say, you have to pay to do).

I think there is also a special power where you can exchange a die for +2/-2 of it's value.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Maynard
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ibbo wrote:
I think there is also a special power where you can exchange a die for +2/-2 of it's value.

That must be in the expert rules...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.