Jayson Myers
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Please check out my other reviews at:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/145695/item/2728438#it...

Conclusion:

The solo variant was included in my base game (I assume it used to be separate). It is a fun way to play the game if you want to play and don't have anyone around. You really have to balance killing zombies with getting through that location deck.

The game plays like the original game, so you don't have to learn a lot of new rules. Instead, you get the exact fix you were looking for. Sometimes a solo variant will change the game where you don't get what you were looking for. This is not the case here.

Keeper.

Components:

There are not any new components. You take a few cards out of the deck and a few at the bottom have solo only directions on them. Otherwise, all the original components are used. These components are way to over produced and great to play with.

Rule Book:

The rules are really short. It tells you the different set up and how to win. There are a couple of rule differences: you can only draw one location card per turn. Otherwise, the game plays nearly the same.

Flow of the Game:

I am not going to go over the original rules. Instead, in this one you are trying to find the town line and "show" you can survive outside the community by having enough followers, etc. You really need to survive while burning through the location deck until you get the card you are looking for.

There are three different levels that add difficulty. The final one includes the mutant boss.

Should I buy this game?:

If you are going to play solo, yes you want to seek this out. It comes in the new set included. You may already have it and not know it.

Keeper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph LaClair
United States
Watertown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re: The Purge: # 1128 Run, Fight, or Die!: Solo: Included in latest base game
There is a seperate solo game besides the one that comes with the base game. It came with the kickstarter big box expansion. To my chagrin, I learned the hard way, it did not come in the retail big box expansion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.