8 Posts

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Foamcore inlay? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim H
Germany
flag msg tools
Has anyone already put some thought into the design of a foamcore inlay? It's quite a lot of tokens and different cards, so I'd like to make one for easier setup. This is our first LCG, so I have no idea what to plan for. What will come in the future with expansions? Only new cards? How would you organize the cards? Or even some more tokens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario
United States
Mesa
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are planning on buying all the expansions I wouldn't bother with the core box, you are going to grow out of it quickly.

I went with the Hobby Lobby artists case and insert from Broken Token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colm McCarthy
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it's anything like Call of Cthulhu: The Card Game, The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game, A Game of Thrones: The Card Game or the like (and it will be), forget about foamcore inserts right now. My Game of Thrones is in two base set boxes, and two large Dominion expansion boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nojima
msg tools
mbmb
I was thinking about it, but the core box itself isn't deep enough to have cards lay upright on their sides. Another thing is this game doesn't really have many tokens (relatively speaking)... baggies work just fine. Not as quick/clean/nice as a foam core tray, but hardly unbearable setup time. So as a temporary measure, I've done this for my single core box:

The cards (sleeved) with custom printed card dividers lay down flat enough to fit in the box and still fit the booklets. In order to support the back of the card stack, I have two baggies holding health and sanity damage tokens.

If I get into the game and end up buying a lot of expansions, I'll probably just go brokentoken card organizer. =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Broom
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Working on my wooden storage chest and foam core insert this evening, I'll post some pictures when it's complete
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Pauljima wrote:
The cards (sleeved) with custom printed card dividers lay down flat enough to fit in the box and still fit the booklets.

What do the custom dividers look like? It's tough to see in the image you posted.

Are you planning on uploading these horizontal dividers to the files section?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nojima
msg tools
mbmb
The dividers are just quickies I did and sized specifically to accommodate my cards and my particular sleeve size, so there's no guarantee they'd be any good to anyone else.

Since I don't have any real long-term solution yet (still have yet to find time for my first play through!), I just didn't want to invest much time into organizing the components yet.

But this is what they look like... I use text for the characters, weaknesses, and labeled the 3 scenarios just "Scenario #" in the interest of space on the tab. Beyond that, the rest is just organized by icon (except "Neutral" for the neutral player cards):

Icons for Classes and Encounters:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Identity Flux
United Kingdom
Exeter
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I knocked up this quick and dirty insert for the core set, I still need to add dividers but there's room for another 160ish cards in the second row and the token tray comes out for quicker setup and houses the chaos tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.