Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Grant Linneberg
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably not, it's probably just us not using it correctly, but here's the situation.

Rome attacks a city in Sicily. Round marker works correctly, setting the initial spot at 1 for Carthage, and then moving in the Roman favour with Roman swords played. However, when it was next Carthage's move, when they reinforced the battle, the round marker advanced the round, not just the carth sword strength. Next turn things went properly again for the Roman. But on the Carth turn, after the round marker working properly while Carth reinforced the battle, right after he drew his cards, the round advanced 2 rounds.

Perhaps we're not doing something right- if anyone else has seen this and knows what we're doing wrong, please speak up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
WICHITA
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
What triggers the round marker to advance is when the other player (in your case, Carthage) clicks the stop sign icon in his hand window). You click that after you have performed all of your actions and drawn your hand back. If you click it after every action, it will advance your round marker every time it is clicked.

You can right-click on the brown marker and manually adjust the battle round.

But yeah, there is a bug in it somewhere else. I conquered Lilybaeum as Rome, and it threw off the temporary VP value both sides located under their silver amount. I need to investigate that more. Again, right-clicking on that value, I was able to adjust it, which is why I created manual overrides. But I still don't like that something went wrong. But as I said in an earlier post, interrupting the log screws with it, and that might have been the reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Linneberg
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The other time the round marker went off the rails was the very first turn of the game. Rome had a lucky hand where they could attack Syracuse right away. The round marker at the end of the Roman turn said 6. I thought at the time maybe there was something odd going on because the first turn is only one action long.

As I'm sure you're going to update the module at some point, I have one other suggestion for a part that works great for live play but is a little sparse in PBEM: sea battles. It would be great if, when you rolled the dice in the sea battle interface, there was a more descriptive line output to the log. I.e. which side is rolling, whether it's for ships/leaders/corvus infantry, maybe even what numbers hit. It does a little of this, but not enough to know whats going on by reading the log.

Great module, loving the game so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
WICHITA
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
For sea battles, I did create a means to show you which dice were rolled. When you click the "Roll dice" button, it will light up with a green border. That way, there is no doubt. Here is an example, where the die roll was for the Roman leader:

For the Syracuse attack, do you have the log file that you could e-mail me? I can't replicate it. The only thing I saw that screws with this is if you interrupt the log, and then the module goes haywire.

Also, keep in mind that on each side of the battle track is a "+" and "-" button so that you can manually adjust it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Linneberg
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, we're aware of the green light up. I was just suggesting an improvement that would make things more clear.

And we're also aware of the manual adjustment buttons. I'm just reporting this stuff in case you're still working on the module.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
WICHITA
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, some time I am going to update it. I found a tiny bug in my game with Sean. It had to do with with reporting which played did an action. I think it said Rome did the action, no matter who did. It did not affect game play, but that bugs me.

I can add the note on the die roll easily.

I'm waiting to find something big to fix. I thought I had found something in my game with Sean, but it was due to interrupting the log. I've been surprised that I have only found one repeatable bug so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.