Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Eagles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was curious about how deeply this upcoming solo system is keyed to Lock n Load mechanics. I haven't invested in the LnL games as yet, but on the surface it appears the solo system may be extendable to other impulse based tactical systems such as ATS. Pipe dream or possibility?

Thanks,
Scott

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Frederick
United States
Lexington
KY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Great question. I'd be interested as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Bailey
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
The LnL Solo system is based on the system developed for Conflict of Heroes. I'd also heard (but now I can't find the source to back this up) that there was even colaboration between the two to develop the LnL solo system.

Edit: Heres the source: http://forums.lnlpublishing.com/threads/solo-system-coming-t...

Every game has its specifics but I think that if the system can be ported from one impulse driven wargame to another then there is a chance, with work, that it can be ported to other similar games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cox
United Kingdom
Bournemouth
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
seagles wrote:
Was curious about how deeply this upcoming solo system is keyed to Lock n Load mechanics. I haven't invested in the LnL games as yet, but on the surface it appears the solo system may be extendable to other impulse based tactical systems such as ATS. Pipe dream or possibility?

Thanks,
Scott

Hey Scott, I share your curiosity. With regards to ATS, I've yet to try it myself but have you tried using George Anderson's ATS Robot found in the ATS Warfighting Guide #2 and how did you find it?

Cheers

Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Eagles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Steve,

Yes, I've used George's ATS Robot. It's actually pretty good, but I'm always on the look-out for something else to try. It appears that a lot of effort and testing went into the Conflict of Heroes AI system, which LnL has now licensed for use. I actually have the CoH Solo Expansion, but there are significant differences between CoH and ATS despite both being impulse-based systems. LnL is much closer to ATS in that regard, so I got to thinking that adapting the LnL iteration would be an easier task. We'll see.

S.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mb

Could someone elaborate on what is meant by "impulse based system"? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfy Burger
Mali
Bamako
msg tools
"Impulse": where players alternate between taking one, or at most a few actions, during the turn. As opposed to "igougo" (I go, you go), where one player makes all his moves for the turn, then the opponent does the same (ASL uses this, for one).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mb
AlfyB wrote:
"Impulse": where players alternate between taking one, or at most a few actions, during the turn. As opposed to "igougo" (I go, you go), where one player makes all his moves for the turn, then the opponent does the same (ASL uses this, for one).

Thanks for the explanation!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
Henry, just to provide a more specific example of "impulse" as used in LnL, player A activates a hex. All the units in that hex then take their actions (move, fire, etc.). Upon completing the actions of all the units in the hex that Player A activated, Player B then activates a hex. In LnL if you activate a hex with a leader that leader may also activate friendly hexes within his command radius simultaneously. While taking actions, the active player may be interrupted by the other player through opportunity fire. Once all hexes have been activated or the players have "passed" twice consecutively, the turn ends and all units again become available for actions on the next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.