Hide
6 Posts

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Passing a test with 0 difficulty rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jakub Zaverka
msg tools
So I use a flashligth and investigate a location with Shroud value of 2. My Lore is 3. I drew a -4 Chaos token. Did I pass or not?

I would say yes, because the Rules Reference say that modifiers cannot reduce your value below 0. So I ended up with -1, which converted to 0, and because that was equal to the modified Shroud, I passed and discovered a clue.

If I had drawn the Tentacle token, I would still fail, as Tentacles are autofails (without number comparison). So zero-difficulty tests can never be considered auto-successes. Only if the numerical value is required, it is assumed to be zero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Whitford
msg tools
mbmbmb
Everything you've said is absolutely correct. The only way of failing a 0 difficulty skill test is pulling the auto-fail.

The other reason you still need to do the skill test is that the token may have another effect than just its modifier (as specified on the scenario card).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Frahm
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This should be part of the FAQ.

This concept is important and easily missed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Christensen
United States
SLC
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FinalAttack wrote:
This should be part of the FAQ.

This concept is important and easily missed.

Hear hear. I totally messed this up myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Rubin
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Wow... Now I realize I made the campaign a whole lot harder for myself than what it had to be...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Yes me too... Especially on those where each point failed by has some effect, like taking Horror...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.