Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
philippe C.
France
flag msg tools
mb
I have the game and a friend of mine wanted to buy it, i asked the designer, and no there won't be any further copies. The game is expensive, so without KS it's not possible...

Maybe one day, another KS...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
Germany
Illerkirchberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chaps31 wrote:
I have the game and a friend of mine wanted to buy it, i asked the designer, and no there won't be any further copies. The game is expensive, so without KS it's not possible...

Maybe one day, another KS...

wow
..so I´m happy to have one too as I like the game very much!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think LudiCreations really has the resources to do large print runs and keep lots of copies in stock, so Kickstarter it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United Kingdom
Fareham
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mb
that sucks, i can't even see a copy of it having ever been sold on ebay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hazlewood
United Kingdom
Bromsgrove
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dwrecks wrote:
that sucks, i can't even see a copy of it having ever been sold on ebay.

Sorry. I guess that's because it's absolutely awesome and nobody wants to lose their copy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart L

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well, also think most US backers haven't gotten their copies yet; I know mine hasn't shipped. Not that I intend to sell mine, but that also means a fair number of copies haven't gotten into the wild yet. Maybe some will show up for resale after that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Love
United Kingdom
Ipswich
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that now the game is (in Europe at least) getting played and reviews are surfacing, that demand for this is on the rise. However it would appear that there are no retail copies at all, which is not good for anyone that missed, or chose not to back the KS. I would have thought a second KS would be a good way forward (once the US have their copies), as if not enough people back it then nothing needs to be printed up. So almost zero risk.

I'm in for a copy when that happens :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Nichols
United States
Vacaville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One can not back all of the KS games. The major problem is that for every one KS game that is really good, there are 4 others that are just crap -- underdeveloped, not enough playtesting, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
Germany
Illerkirchberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tim Love wrote:
I think that now the game is (in Europe at least) getting played and reviews are surfacing, that demand for this is on the rise. However it would appear that there are no retail copies at all, which is not good for anyone that missed, or chose not to back the KS. I would have thought a second KS would be a good way forward (once the US have their copies), as if not enough people back it then nothing needs to be printed up. So almost zero risk.

I'm in for a copy when that happens :-)

as far as I´ve understood it there were only the KS copies + ~ 115 extra copies for the Essen fair....but I´ve might be wrong....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin Chen
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are currently no plans for an additional print run of the game, for many of the reasons already listed above. If you do get a chance to play the game (it's also on Tabletopia) and are interested in getting a copy, do what you can to express your interest (like it, mark it on a wish list, want to buy, whatever). If there's enough interest, maybe a co-publisher will step in for a new print run.

If anything happens, LudiCreations should announce it through their newsletter or social media accounts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Nichols
United States
Vacaville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The publisher could start another KS, and see where it goes. I honestly believe they would be pleasantly surprised by the results. Now that the game has been discovered as good -- it is on the radar screen of many gamers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Wong
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Braz wrote:
as far as I´ve understood it there were only the KS copies + ~ 115 extra copies for the Essen fair....but I´ve might be wrong....

2100 printed, 1802 KS backers, so about 300 copies for the purposes of component replacements, demos, some very limited press copies...

Unless I'm mistaken, Crisis was not for sale at Essen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hazlewood
United Kingdom
Bromsgrove
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sigma83 wrote:
Braz wrote:

2100 printed, 1802 KS backers, so about 300 copies for the purposes of component replacements, demos, some very limited press copies...

Unless I'm mistaken, Crisis was not for sale at Essen

You are mistaken. There were indeed 115 copies available at Essen and I bought one of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
Germany
Illerkirchberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sneakypete21 wrote:

You are mistaken. There were indeed 115 copies available at Essen and I bought one of them.

...so did I and I´m still very happy that I´ve got one in Essen...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott O'Brien
United States
Connellsville
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So disappointing... this is the real problem with small companies and KS... a 1 and done campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rowdy Scarlett
United States
Winston Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Not Necessarily Inaccurate Videos at- http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3A6D4E8F2B74B110
mbmbmbmbmb
Once I get mine (held up due to the snow in the midwest), mine can be had for the very nice price of $500 !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sao123 wrote:
So disappointing... this is the real problem with small companies and KS... a 1 and done campaign.

How is this a problem? It obviously isn't one for them, and not owning a specific game should not be a "real problem" for anybody else too. There are thousands of great games out there, along with at least as many true "real problems".

(I'm still glad i have my copy devil)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin Chen
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another alternative is that the game may have never been printed. Kickstarter ended up being the only way to produce the game. Now that it exists and the game continues to receive positive reviews, who knows what may happen in the future? If not for the hard work and belief of a dedicated team, followed up by backer support, there may never have been a game to envy at all.

As in other industries, independent publishers may not be able to publish in mass market quantities, but they may take the risks and find the interesting gems that larger companies can't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime de Marcos
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Kyellan wrote:
Another alternative is that the game may have never been printed. Kickstarter ended up being the only way to produce the game. Now that it exists and the game continues to receive positive reviews, who knows what may happen in the future? If not for the hard work and belief of a dedicated team, followed up by backer support, there may never have been a game to envy at all.

As in other industries, independent publishers may not be able to publish in mass market quantities, but they may take the risks and find the interesting gems that larger companies can't.

The KS for this game was also limited, with a set number of copies available to be distributed and no SGs. The total number was reached before the end of the campaign and it remained stagnant, even though there was demand from other potential supporters, until the end of the campaign.

Perhaps the game would get more distribution if another, more entrepreneurial or more ambitious company, took control of it. As it is, and with the sheer amount of games appearing now, I think it is likely to remain as it is and become a collector's item or be forgotten soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.