Subject: Proposal: the pawn of "Urbion" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jānis Rudzītis
Latvia
Jūrmala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We all (=fans of „Urbion”) are waiting for the 2nd edition of „Urbion” and we hope that „Urbion” (as a Oniverse game) will have its own pawn (The Lord of Chaos??).
Here's what I came up with (unofficial, of course):
At the end of the set up, place the pawn on the first (upper) City card.
The new rule: On your turn, you can play one of the 4 Dream cards in your hand only next to a City card without the pawn on it.
[variant: if you want to place a Dream card despite of this rule you must discard one more card from your hand]
At the end of the turn, move the pawn to the next City card below. If the pawn reaches the lowest City card, it moves back to the upper City card on the next turn. The pawn is removed from the game if there is only one City card on the table.
Any comments?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
baltaistehws wrote:
We all (=fans of „Urbion”) are waiting for the 2nd edition of „Urbion” and we hope that „Urbion” (as a Oniverse game) will have its own pawn (The Lord of Chaos??).
The new rule: On your turn, you can play one of the 4 Dream cards in your hand only next to a City card without the pawn on it.
[variant: if you want to place a Dream card despite of this rule you must discard one more card from your hand]
At the end of the turn, move the pawn to the next City card below. If the pawn reaches the lowest City card, it moves back to the upper City card on the next turn. The pawn is removed from the game if there is only one City card on the table.
Any comments?

I like the idea, but for me the game is hard enough as is (I may just be playing badly) and this would make it harder. So, I'd suggest adding a feature that helps the player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jānis Rudzītis
Latvia
Jūrmala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know it. I like variants making the game harder because I come from the "Ghost stories" background: I'm delighted if I win 1/3 or even 1/4 of my plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
baltaistehws wrote:
I know it. I like variants making the game harder because I come from the "Ghost stories" background: I'm delighted if I win 1/3 or even 1/4 of my plays.

Fair enough . I normally also prefer my solo games to curb stomp me, so I'm at a loss to explain why I think this one is too hard .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wilmer
United Kingdom
Brandon
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
baltaistehws wrote:
Any comments?

I like this as an 'appendix'. To be an expansion it would need a boon. Perhaps if you establish balance in the city the pawn is in currently the pawn would 'remove' one chaos from the player deck. If you establish perfect balance it would remove two?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.