Scythe» Forums » General

Subject: Component warping and problems rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Harris
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
The player mats in my copy of Scythe are warping, either due to humidity or general component error. Also, some of the mats are starting to separate due to the warping.

Is there an easy way to bend them back into shape without having the two sides separate even farther? Also, what glue would be best to try and glue the separated edges back together? A simple wood glue or something like a super glue?

Other then the warping problem everything else was amazing, so no complaints there at all. Thanks in advance to any advice you guys can offer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian van Nunen
Australia
South Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Simple wood glue (PVA) should be fine. If you put the mats under a couple of heavy books or similar while the glue dries, it should also straighten them out (the moisture in the glue will soften the mats so they can be straightened and they should hold flat when the glue has dried).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Harris
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
Appreciate it, I'll set that in motion tonight and hopefully have repaired pieces before tomorrow's session.

Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
David: Thanks for trying to fix this problem with a home remedy. For the warping boards, they're sturdy enough that you can just bend them back the other way. It's a little trickier with the separating player mats. As Adrian said, you can use glue (that's how they were attached in the first place), but if you're not comfortable with that or it doesn't work, feel free to request a replacement player mat: http://stonemaiergames.com/replacement-parts/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Ruppelt
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Components warping??? Holy shnikies!!! Jamey and Stonemaier Games have done it again!!! Components that travel faster than the speed of light!!! What next!?! A board game where you actually do time travel!!! This is an amazing time to be a board gamer!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMzchf wrote:
Components warping??? Holy shnikies!!! Jamey and Stonemaier Games have done it again!!! Components that travel faster than the speed of light!!! What next!?! A board game where you actually do time travel!!! This is an amazing time to be a board gamer!!!

...can I choose to warp back to before I read that joke whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Harris
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
Adrian_vN wrote:
Simple wood glue (PVA) should be fine. If you put the mats under a couple of heavy books or similar while the glue dries, it should also straighten them out (the moisture in the glue will soften the mats so they can be straightened and they should hold flat when the glue has dried).

The wood glue worked out perfectly thank you. Set them under a stack of boardgames for the night and got them relatively flat. Probably won't get them completely flat, but they are playable now at least.

jameystegmaier wrote:
David: Thanks for trying to fix this problem with a home remedy. For the warping boards, they're sturdy enough that you can just bend them back the other way. It's a little trickier with the separating player mats. As Adrian said, you can use glue (that's how they were attached in the first place), but if you're not comfortable with that or it doesn't work, feel free to request a replacement player mat: http://stonemaiergames.com/replacement-parts/

It's nice to know you guys have a replacement option in place should anything major happen. Hopefully I will never have to make use of such an option though. Fingers crossed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luuk Van Aken
Canada
Lacombe
Alberta
flag msg tools
I opened my game that I picked up in the board game store yesterday. The boards looked good this morning but when I went to play through the automa this evening the player and faction boards had warped. I bend them back but after a while they returned to warped shape. Might have to try putting them under something heavy for a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LuukVA wrote:
I opened my game that I picked up in the board game store yesterday. The boards looked good this morning but when I went to play through the automa this evening the player and faction boards had warped. I bend them back but after a while they returned to warped shape. Might have to try putting them under something heavy for a while.

AS a storage suggestion, I don't follow the side of the box, but instead pack very similarly but with the boards on top. This appears to put enough weight on the player mats to avoid warping being a problem (so far, touch wood).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.