Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played through this game multiple times solo, in order to learn the rules and get an understanding of game strategy. I just completed another game and discovered yet another rule I have been missing. So I don't think I have yet played this game correctly by all the rules! blush

Here are some ones I have missed. I am listing them in case anyone else missed them too:

- a supply chain is completed when all zones in it have been filled AND the total price of the chain is equal to or less than the region's demand. It's that second part that I have missed. I was playing that when the final enterprise in a chain is played, the chain is complete. Now that usually means the price meets that second criteria, but it doesn't always have to mean that! So a later price reduction could cause the the chain completion.

- after a supply chain completion and collection of revenue, remove dice equal to the number of Smugglers in the chain. Totally missed that. I had been playing that you just remove one die (the lowest number).

- when a supply chain is broken, after everyone in the chain adjusts their lost revenue and takes back their enterprises into their holdings, roll and add one new die for each Smuggler in the broken chain. I don't know how, but I completely missed that one.

- placement of Merchants: these can normally only be placed in an open region (i.e. one with an open port). Well, duh! and how did I miss that originally? This explains why Special Envoys are so valuable. They allow you to place a Merchant in a closed region.

Those all make a lot of difference in the game play! Hopefully this helps someone else who might otherwise be overlooking these rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Hill
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for this. Got my copy a couple of days ago and am about ready to crack it open.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Wehrle
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation"
mbmbmbmbmb
All good and necessary things .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Clark
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
arjisme wrote:

- when a supply chain is broken, after everyone in the chain adjusts their lost revenue and takes back their enterprises into their holdings, roll and add one new die for each Smuggler in the broken chain. I don't know how, but I completely missed that one.

I didn't miss that rule, but I somehow convinced myself that the smugglers were also removed from the broken chain. It now seems glaringly apparent to me that you leave them there and add the demand die. I really need to play this again. Can we cancel Thanksgiving?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.