15 Posts

The Battle for Sector 219» Forums » General

Subject: Battle for Sector 219 is available! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
YMG Corey
msg tools
new user
Just in time for holiday shopping, The Battle for Sector 219 is now available!

Based on the wildly popular Battle for Hill 218, the Battle for Sector 219 features new units such as Drop Squads and Skirmishers. However it will leave with the same desire to play over and over.

You can buy The Battle for Sector 219 through FRP Games.

If you are a retailer, you can order the Battle for Sector 219 along with all Your Move Games product through either ACD Distribution or Golden Distribution.

And in case you missed it, here's the recent news regarding the new management at Your Move Games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
This demonstration is not authorized and is in clear violation of Mall of America policy.
badge
Those who continue to demonstrate will be subject to arrest.
mbmb
Someone's going to ask, and I have hope that I'll be nicer about it: any news for kickstarter backers still waiting on copies? No hurry, I know there's been some upheaval and that's always a suboptimal situation. But I'm still excited to try it out--the changes I saw in the digital version seemed to shake things up a bunch and improve balance, but I rarely play games on the computer.

Speaking of which, any word on an iOS version?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YMG Corey
msg tools
new user
We're going to fulfill Kickstarter pledges to the best of our ability. If you're still waiting send mail me directly at: ymg.corey@gmail.com

Please include your name, address, and what you need. I'll get it out as soon as I can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
YMG_Corey wrote:
We're going to fulfill Kickstarter pledges to the best of our ability

Yikes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Ryan
Australia
Richlands
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
YMG_Corey wrote:
We're going to fulfill Kickstarter pledges to the best of our ability. If you're still waiting send mail me directly at: ymg.corey@gmail.com

Please include your name, address, and what you need. I'll get it out as soon as I can.

Quite the shame you don't already have access to all of this information, but I'll play along. Expect an email.

YMG_Corey wrote:
We're going to fulfill Kickstarter pledges to the best of our ability.

Yikes indeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
This demonstration is not authorized and is in clear violation of Mall of America policy.
badge
mbmb
LineOf7s wrote:
YMG_Corey wrote:

Quite the shame you don't already have access to all of this information, but I'll play along. Expect an email.

YMG_Corey wrote:
We're going to fulfill Kickstarter pledges to the best of our ability.

Yikes indeed.

I'm reading between the lines a bit, here, but I have the impression that Corey and the gang have had some difficulty getting the information they need to complete the last orders from Chad. Knowing what has happened to my level of organization when I rapidly became busier than I expected, as Chad has, I imagine the task of getting that information to them (when he probably has it spread out over various files in different versions and a ton of emails he needs to sort through) got messy much faster than he realized. So my impression is that he's still going to get that done eventually, but that Corey is currently genuinely eager to have backers communicate with him directly. He shipped out my order very quickly, and was so inviting about having an email that I take him at his word that he's delighted to do things that way.

So, to backers who've been waiting patiently, I advise emailing him. Even if you're happy to wait, I get the impression he's aiming for an L.L.Bean level of customer service, and would rather you burden him with a contact than have you wait any longer. As I said, I'm reading between the lines, so if anyone has a different experience, I'm sure the community would be happy to hear about it. But it sounds like YMG now has a team with enough time dedicated to orders that they're on solid footing for the future, which is cool.

Full disclosure: the fellow who did the digital conversion of Hill 218 and Sector 219 was responsible for the website at my former employer, and Chad used to hang out enough in RSP back when he had more time that I got the impression he was a pretty cool guy. Had his views, but was pretty fair-minded about others, too. So I have some attenuated personal connections which might leave me slightly biased in favor of YMG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Ryan
Australia
Richlands
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no antipathy for YMG - especially the new showrunners - but Chad Ellis long ago wore out his benefits-of-the-doubt. Which is sad, but that's what happens when you keep breaking your promises.

Corey et al however have a clean slate at this stage. A perfect 10/10 until they do something wrong, which is yet to happen. I look forward to their ongoing involvement.

At this stage I just wish they'd acknowledge receipt of the email I sent them nearly a week ago...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YMG Corey
msg tools
new user
LineOf7s wrote:

At this stage I just wish they'd acknowledge receipt of the email I sent them nearly a week ago...

That's a fair question and hopefully my answer doesn't come across as rude, but it's simply an issue of time.

Your Move Games is still very much a labor of love, which means it's a nights-and-weekends type operation. And between negotiating a deal with a new artist, obtaining bids from potential new print vendors, preparing a new promotional item featuring a shift in our art medium, filling distributor orders, planning out the art direction for our next release, and squeezing in a set of playtests for some new rules proposals, I had to make some choices as far as time (and this was all just last week).

My intention was to turn around requests relatively quickly so that my acknowledgement email was an acknowledgement that your product was on its way. However with Thanksgiving, my response time for you was longer than I would have liked, and so I probably should have let you know.

Going forward if I can't get things out to supporters within 3-4 business days, I'll let you know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd just like to say here that Corey has been very helpful to me in sorting out my remaining-outstanding items from the KS campaign. I can only imagine how many EMails he's had to deal with over the last week in this regard...!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Ryan
Australia
Richlands
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In all fairness I received my reply from Corey this morning letting me know my shipment had been sent yesterday. Excellent news, and I thanked him very much for it.

With that said, I don't usually get so publicly miffed over a week's delay in an email response in situations like this; I realise game companies are typically small operations with big workloads. I suppose I'm a bit sensitive to non-communication after years of trying to deal in good faith with Chad's radio silence. I hope I didn't come across too much like... one of THOSE people.

I very much look forward to this saga being over so we can all just get back to playing (and making) games.

10/10 Would Corey again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YMG Corey
msg tools
new user
LineOf7s wrote:
In all fairness I received my reply from Corey this morning letting me know my shipment had been sent yesterday.

No worries. Wasn't a slam against you at all. A week is unacceptable without a reply. I'll endeavor to do better next time, but if I slip up you'll know why.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dlow wrote:
I'd just like to say here that Corey has been very helpful to me in sorting out my remaining-outstanding items from the KS campaign. I can only imagine how many EMails he's had to deal with over the last week in this regard...!!
I agree. My issue was handled gracefully and all is well. When/if YMG launches a new project I will vote positively with my wallet (unless it is something dreadful like Battle for unicorn hill with the puppies expansion.) ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Ryan
Australia
Richlands
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
Battle for unicorn hill with the puppies expansion

Okay, I'm in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LineOf7s wrote:
martimer wrote:

Okay, I'm in.
Aaaauuugh! The colors. THE COLORS!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
LineOf7s wrote:
martimer wrote:

Okay, I'm in.

I advocated for something like this when they were choosing the alternate theme. Something outside the usual conflict-based themes had the potential to appeal to whole different set of gamers, I thought. If I could play a game like Sector 219 with my eight-year-old daughter, I'd be all over Unicorn Hill.

I got outvoted. Which, you know, OGRE. So I can't complain too much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.