Subject: Units entering the game - can they begin transported? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Nicholls
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
A clarifications about units first entering from off-board - can they be already be set as transported?

This can make a big difference to some of the scenarios. Many thanks for any comments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I seem to remember reading that they can, but I am not completely sure about this.

However, since all other games Mark have designed or published that I have played allow for this, it would be conceivable to think it is allowed in Night of Man as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Nicholls
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Thanks for the response Max.

I actually can't seem to find anything in the rules about how to handle units first entering the board. We have just played that you have to use a move action and pay the cost for the first square, which means that often most off-board units won't enter until the first reserve phase.

How to handle mounted is an interesting one, it's looks at the moment that you can do what you want as I think the rules are silent on this. I tend to think if the rules don't say you can then you can't, but this seems quite open to interpretation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Walker
United States
Henry
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
'65 Squad Level Combat in Vietnam. On Kickstarter!
mbmbmbmbmb
Bakon wrote:
Thanks for the response Max.

I actually can't seem to find anything in the rules about how to handle units first entering the board. We have just played that you have to use a move action and pay the cost for the first square, which means that often most off-board units won't enter until the first reserve phase.

How to handle mounted is an interesting one, it's looks at the moment that you can do what you want as I think the rules are silent on this. I tend to think if the rules don't say you can then you can't, but this seems quite open to interpretation.

Yes, they can enter mounted. Why wouldn't you be able to? The rules don't prohibit it. Thanks for playing. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Nicholls
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Thanks Mark for responding to these questions. I may be a bit conservative but if it doesn't say you can do xyz I tend to assume this was not intended.

It has taken a few games but I'm really starting to enjoy the flow of the game and the card play. I'm looking forward to see how this translates to the next game using this system, '65!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bakon wrote:
Thanks Mark for responding to these questions. I may be a bit conservative but if it doesn't say you can do xyz I tend to assume this was not intended.

It has taken a few games but I'm really starting to enjoy the flow of the game and the card play. I'm looking forward to see how this translates to the next game using this system, '65!

On that note.
I had a friend that I used to play Warhammer Fantasy Battles with, this was maybe 20 years ago. I'm not sure if you are familiar with the game, but it's a tabletop miniature war game with different factions, he played Undead. Sort of...
Since the rules didn't explicitly say he could't use units from other factions (I think they did, but who knows?) he bought a Greater Daemon (very powerful unit) from a nother faction for his undead horde, also since the rules said to pay one point for an extra close combat weapon he glued seven!arms on his skeletons and payed 6 points for six extra weapons on them,
I was the one who had to tell him how the rules worked. :/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Nicholls
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Haha, yes, people can get very creative with rules at times. Cheers Craig
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Walker
United States
Henry
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
'65 Squad Level Combat in Vietnam. On Kickstarter!
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Yes, I completely understand.

Max... of course I'm familiar with Warhammer. Never played, but I have played many games of 40K and Epic Armageddon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.