Subject: Legendary Take On The Dune License rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmb
Legendary have pruchased the rights to making a Dune Movie and tv series.

Not sure if this includes board games but the fact that either legendary own the rights to the board games or that Dune is now being divided up into different licenses may mean a new Dune board game is a distinct possibility. The reason why nobody could get a hold of the Dune board game license prior weas because it was being sold as an entire package including movie etc..

FFG need to be on this asap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't see how they could make a better game than Dune. Rex loses a lot in the translation. You are hoping FFG can swing a deal to remake a themed Dune?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tonichi Sanvictores
Philippines
Marikina City
Metro Manila
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I, for one, would be interested to see if a new game can be pushed out.

Thinking out loud:
Since 1979 (when Dune was published), there have been several mechanics that became popular that may be a base for a new Dune game. Since I'm by no means an expert in this hobby, deck building as a mechanic comes to mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hope
United States
Woodside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if they can make a BETTER game than Dune, but there are lots of games that could be made and set in the Dune milieu that could be really good.

I'd love to see a SW:R type game set on Arrakis, for example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmb
FFG originally intended to redo Dune but couldnt obtain the Dune license without having purchase the whole license which is to costly for a board game manufacturer. Hence why they rethemed it REX. Now however Dune is a distinct possibility.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Ft. Lauderdale
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gorkel wrote:
FFG originally intended to redo Dune but couldnt obtain the Dune license without having purchase the whole license which is to costly for a board game manufacturer. Hence why they rethemed it REX. Now however Dune is a distinct possibility.

It could be interesting if sub-letting just the game license is cheaper?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.