Popular Tags: [View All]
Clayton Grey
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone! I played through all of the original scenarios provided with the Core Set for Arkham Horror: The Card Game, and I wanted to put together some new scenarios using those cards. I decided to make a set of templates from my own scans this weekend.

They're fairly elaborate. I recreated all of the transparent filigree effects for the Treachery and unexplored Location cards, which was a bear of an undertaking. I'll be posting them eventually, along with a scenario, but I wanted to make a thread where I could put all of my links together in the future.

The templates cover all of the basic scenario cards: Reference, Agenda, Act, Location, Enemy, Treachery. Initial versions of the templates probably won't have every single thing you can think of in them, but they'll give you a great starting point! I need to do some clean up for release versions, so check back for release news.

I was inspired by the Lord of the Rings templates made by GeckoTH.

These templates require Photoshop. They were created in the Photoshop CC 2015.5. You will need the following fonts: Bolton (Stats), Teutonic (Titles), and Minion Pro (Card Text - Medium / Italic / Bold / Bold Italic).

My hearty recommendation to those who want to be on the up-and-up with regards to Minion Pro: You can buy Minion Pro Medium for $35. Photoshop can apply a faux-bold and faux-italics, which will get you the rest of the way with a little bit of manual adjustment. Also, if you have non-pro Minion, that should work as well!

Card Templates:

Scenario Card PSD's
Scenario Card Back
Simon Taylor's Icon Font
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Darby
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Good work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milen Krastev
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good job dear Sir,
but can you provide a file with the templates, please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Broom
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Excellent work, thanks for doing this - looking forward to the files going up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Smith
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Subbed for files :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Taylor
Switzerland
Uster
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy crap! Take 5 GG for the link to download the templates please!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Grey
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick update: I've streamlined, double checked, and uploaded all of the PSD files for approval.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dee
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mb
A quick question from someone who isn't all that savvy with image editing software -- you mention that the templates require Photoshop, how mandatory is that? A hard requirement?

I mention it only because I fancy having a crack at a campaign also and, prior to noticing this thread, spent a few hours yesterday messing around with making templates of my own, however my approach consisted of simply taking the cardgamedb scans - with the FFG watermark - and trying to delete out all the unique text and art, plus hide the watermark as much as possible. As such, my own efforts are.. let's say just a little unprofessional looking. Not terrible, but essentially just a selection of slightly blurry .png files.

Example: https://abload.de/img/location_rearorpkw.png

Your work looks much cleaner, but I don't have photoshop, so I'm just wondering whether your files'd be an option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Grey
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice work on yours!

In short: the files I will be sharing are "100% you need Photoshop" to use them. That said, I can share the "background" separately for you, but you would need to do a lot of work yourself to do the typesetting. Some of them have some modular elements that are trickier to share - like the Reference cards can show and hide the icons, and the Enemy cards are setup to show/hide damage and horror. But if enough people thumb this comment to express interest, I can put together a zip file of just the background images for y'all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dee
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mb
Yeah, if there's enough demand, neat, but please don't go to all that work just on my behalf. I absolutely don't mind continuing to fiddle around in GIMP and paint.net with my .pngs. I actually enjoyed the process of stripping out the elements, there was something slightly zen / meditative about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. Michael Bridge
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
wonder if these could be used to make an AHLCG plugin for strange eons...http://cgjennings.ca/eons/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Grey
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I imagine a plugin for Strange Eons 3 could be made, but it seems like a big side-project from a quick look over the documentation - which isn't very clear. If someone wants to tackle this, I'm happy to provide asset support.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lee miller
msg tools
mb
I'd like to my own templates, I use gimp. It's not possible to import .psd files to gimp is it? If not, what is the method for creating these. I imagine cutting out the photos are easy but how do you get rid of the text and make it a blank slate for inserting your own?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Taylor
Switzerland
Uster
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used GIMP and imported the PSD files. The only thing you will not be able to do are use the text layers - you'll have to reconstruct them with a bit of trial and error on the text size.

The fonts, etc, all work out OK (if you can find Minion Pro...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Grey
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to know Simon! I've added a note about a recommendation for those that want to remain legit with their font acquisition on the cheap.

Also worth noting everything is uploaded now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lee miller
msg tools
mb
I found minion pro for free somewhere but I can't recall the link. So it's around if you have a look.

what about this one?
http://fontsgeek.com/fonts/Minion-Pro-Regular

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Taylor
Switzerland
Uster
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spectrehorseman wrote:
I found minion pro for free somewhere but I can't recall the link. So it's around if you have a look.

what about this one?
http://fontsgeek.com/fonts/Minion-Pro-Regular

That's the one I have. The bold and italic don't look perfect, but they look pretty good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.