Subject: Question specific to scenario no.2 base campaign rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mihnea Cateanu
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi guys,

For the life of me I can`t figure out how the doom token mechanic specific to scenario no.2 works. Just in case someone stumbles around here I`ll put a spoiler (refers to scenario no.2):

Spoiler (click to reveal)
What happens with the doom token(s) placed on accolytes or the wizard if you kill them? I suppose they go away? So you have an incentive to kill them in order to slow down the agenda advancement...

While I`m at it: were we just unlucky, or are we bad players...but is scenario no.2 a beast compared to the first one or what?surprise thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Buckle
United Kingdom
Thornton Heath
Croydon
flag msg tools
designer
Omega Centauri
badge
Published in 2014
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll use a spoiler tag as you have done so too (not sure this spoils anything though ...)

You just return the tokens to the pool, see the rules reference "Leaves Play"

Leaves Play
The phrase "leaves play" refers to any time a card makes a transition from an in-play state to an out-of-play state (see "In Play and Out of Play" on page 13).

If a card leaves play, the following consequences occur simultaneously with the card leaving play:

All tokens on the card are returned to the token pool.
All attachments on the card are discarded.
All lasting effects and/or delayed effects affecting the card while it was in play expire for that card.

As for the difficulty of scenario # 2

I think it's a struggle to get more than 4 cultists, never managed more than that - but you don't need all 6 to 'win'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Getting all 6 cultits, or resigning right away without getting any of them, gives the same resolution (Just with a different number of cultists found, obviously).

So getting all 6 is probably unintended and might be impossible, getting as many as you can will just help you down the road in scenario 3.

Just make sure you DO resign everyone instead of letting the clock tick midnight, because that's an extra entirely unnecessary punishment on top of the surviving cultists to start off scenario 3 with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mplain
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Getting all 6 sure is possible. I've done this, others as well. Need lotsa luck though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mihnea Cateanu
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for the exact rule reference, I somehow missed that.

Re scenario 2: you`re thoughts mirror mine exactly. Will have to try it again for sure

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
mplain wrote:
Getting all 6 sure is possible. I've done this, others as well. Need lotsa luck though.

Hard for sure, but not impossible. We got 5, only missed

The Masked Hunter - we led him on a merry dance but with him and the Ghoul Priest chasing us we never had a good opportunity to try and whack him before the Agenda ticked over, so we decided to resign at 5 cultists.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bowling
msg tools
I play true solo exclusively (tried 2h and didnt like it). I never get more than 1 cultist. Even 2h I only got 1. I suppose I am bad at this game however I will reserve judging myself too harshly until my second core arrives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.