6,404 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
40.4% of Goal | left

Support:

Benedikt Braet
Belgium
flag msg tools
Hi,

My sons are both almost 8 years old, and they're pretty fast learners of board and card games: they already play some games for age 10+ like 7 Wonders, Agricola for 2 players, Catan, Star Realms, ... in which they can play tactics reasonably well.

Most of the games we play are in the genre worker placement, building, ... But now I'd like to introduce them to a decent area control/combat game (like Smallworld which we also play often).

I thought that Kemet could be a good one, but after asking on the forum about it, most reactions were that it problably would be too soon for my sons to play it, mostly because of the complexity of it.

Is there someone who can give me other suggestions which would be more recommended? If possible non- or minor (like Star Realms) text dependant (my sons know how to read, but only Dutch, and since in many games the components/card only exist in English...)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Canales
Switzerland
Pully
flag msg tools
That's my spot... You're on *my* spot...
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,

Have you considered Tiny Epic Kingdoms?

It is a "4X" (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, and eXterminate) with action selection.

I find it also very easy to teach.

Language dependency reads "Some necessary text - easily memorized or small crib sheet".

Hope it helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.