9 Posts

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Expansions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike B.
msg tools
Hey guys,

I was wondering how exactly they handle expansions. In lotr they had a cycle of small box expansions before the first big box expansion... Here it seems like a big box is first? Any word on release dates, release cycles and price yet? How about that standalone adventure, will it ever hit amazon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milen Krastev
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Its the same, but they skip the 1st small box cycle. Its like you jump to Khazad-dum directly after LOTR core.,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Smay
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The big box expansions start a new campaign while the small box ones continue the campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Teti
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
isn't there a scenario available on the main site. Nothing to do with The current campaign but sort of a side quest to it. It adds more cards I believe.

The game is interesting. I'm not entirely sold just yet but I have yet to fully get into it with the other investigators other than Roland who seems to more accessible investigator to start with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
SgtTenor wrote:
isn't there a scenario available on the main site. Nothing to do with The current campaign but sort of a side quest to it.

Yes. It is called the Curse of the Rougarou.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
si Mon
msg tools
mbmbmb
I am new to LCG (I am still to play the base game in fact) but I feel more inclined to buy a lot of cheaps mythos pack than a big expansion. Is it not more fun to have just more scenarios that you play like chapters ? I don't get Dunwich Horror as it feels like a second core set. Do you think FFG will sell other mythos pack for the core set ?
Also, does it mean the Loup garou pack will only be available by their store ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
lowplayercount.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moshimon wrote:
I am new to LCG (I am still to play the base game in fact) but I feel more inclined to buy a lot of cheaps mythos pack than a big expansion. Is it not more fun to have just more scenarios that you play like chapters ? I don't get Dunwich Horror as it feels like a second core set. Do you think FFG will sell other mythos pack for the core set ?

The big expansion starts the campaign. It's 8 scenarios, the first two are in The Dunwich Horror box. Mythos packs finish the scenario. There will be no continuation of the core box campaign.

The Curse of Rougarou will only be available as print on demand from FFG. I suppose some stores my buy it, like they did the expansion characters for WHQACG but the most reliable way is direct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's already listed on Cool Stuff Inc and Team Covenant, so you shouldn't have too many problems finding retailers with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Marino
United States
Windsor
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Moshimon wrote:

Just to be clear, you need Dunwich Legacy to play any of the upcoming mythos packs that aren't standalone. Once the next deluxe pack comes around, it will be required for the packs that will follow it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.