INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I would like to ask if anyone knows any this add-on:

Deluxe King Seals, Rosary Beads & Archery Targets: $21

Is so expensive?

Those are only 29 printed wooden disks ... for such big money

I know that I can just simply leave this addon - that's true. But I will be getting full pack and I would like to know what's going on. Maybe I am missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Wyeth
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That stuff isn't cheap and is likely to be a very small print run. It's got just over 700 backers, which is a teeny tiny production run. If it was a run of 10,000, it would be much cheaper, that's just economies of scale I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Watts
New Zealand
Hawera South Taranaki
flag msg tools
I don't find it overpriced. It is what it is. Game looks like it won't suffer game play without them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I completely agree that this is more than I'm willing to spend for what it does. Wooden tokens do not cost $1 to produce. Mint Works has 30 wooden discs along with a printed starting token, a tin, and 30 cards for $10 shipped.

Either Feudum's special tokens come with a hefty profit margin, or printing tokens costs more than it seems like it should, or the extra pledge level creates a sizeable amount of indirect incremental costs over and above the standard level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bowie
United Kingdom
Crewe
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mb
thorphin wrote:
Printing tokens costs more than it seems like it should.

It's economy of scale. It costs a lot more to produce a small number of things (hence why Splotter games are so expensive). Plus, the tokens are painted.

The tokens are nice if you want to show support to the project or bling out to the max, but they seem pretty unnecessary. Cardboard is just as good (even the creator has said it allows for more vibrant designs, hence why some of the expansion tokens are cardboard only).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rahn
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For $20 I'd also expect something a bit more. Like custom shapes for the game resources.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.