France
Penne
flag msg tools
Hi,
American unit moves into German hex for possible melee

Rout phase : the two units morale roll for rout

The German unit fails and routs southwards

It is still the rout phase

The other German unit and the American are now adjacent to one another with no cover between them and are therefore considered in open ground.

Therefore they must check again for Rout

Is this rationale all correct? Can one Rout trigger another Rout, assuming the morale checks are unsuccessful?
Cheers,
Martin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Masonstone wrote:
Can one Rout trigger another Rout

No; see the bit in bold in the first paragraph under 11.0.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Mackenzie
France
Penne
flag msg tools
Thanks Rusty,

I just needed that confirmation
M
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Savaresse
France
flag msg tools
Hello Martin, you made a mistake.
The german unit that fails it morale check, while in melee, must be eliminated. The unit has to move adjacent to the american unit.
See the note under 11.0.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Si Brooks
msg tools
Gents,

The way I read it, if the US player is the attacker, he checks morale once, for being in the same hex with an enemy. Assuming he passes, the German unit in the same hex checks. If it fails, it's eliminated. The second German unit would then also check if it's morale is less than '10'. All units would be using the first casualty numbers for same hex or adjacent.

Hope that helps,

Si

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SiBootnek wrote:
Gents,

The way I read it, if the US player is the attacker, he checks morale once, for being in the same hex with an enemy. Assuming he passes, the German unit in the same hex checks. If it fails, it's eliminated. The second German unit would then also check if it's morale is less than '10'. All units would be using the first casualty numbers for same hex or adjacent.

Hope that helps,

Si
I disagree. As per the bolded section of the first paragraph of section 11 (i.e. what Rusty said above) you check which units need to perform rout checks at the beginning of their rout phase.

If the US unit passes their check, then at the beginning of the German rout phase you have one unit in melee (will need to check) and one unit adjacent to a melee (will not need to check)
Whether or not the first unit fails the check is irrelevant to the second unit since at the start of the German rout phase it did not meet any of the criteria to check for retreat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.