Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All,

I played this a handful of times when it came out and was thinking of playing over the holidays (with my wife and maybe more).

Anyway, I vaguely remember playing with 3 people once and the end of the game came down to a duel on the VP spot. I am curious if that is typical or maybe we just played wrong or had groupthink? It seemed the game came down to one die roll.

Do people typically stick with the dice for duels are use the variant described in the rules (the one where you have hidden chits)?

Also, I read some people play 2 player with 9 mountains and not the river side, any thoughts on that?

Thx
jonpfl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Temple
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's just one strategy; another is to pick a character with a high cash limit. Any money over the cash limit is $10/point, but once you're under the limit you buy those points at $6 each.

There's also a big land strategy, etc etc etc

We always play with dice, and she doesn't like the river side, so we use 9 mountains on the open side.

Enjoy this crazy fun game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Basiliv wrote:
That's just one strategy; another is to pick a character with a high cash limit. Any money over the cash limit is $10/point, but once you're under the limit you buy those points at $6 each.

There's also a big land strategy, etc etc etc

We always play with dice, and she doesn't like the river side, so we use 9 mountains on the open side.

Enjoy this crazy fun game!

So, in your opinion, the duel at the end of the game is not an issue since there are other ways of getting points?

We only played a few times with 3 people.

Thx
jonpfl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan K
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jonpfl wrote:

So, in your opinion, the duel at the end of the game is not an issue since there are other ways of getting points?

We only played a few times with 3 people.

Thx
jonpfl

Usually thats a swing of only 5 or 6 points. In a 40 to 50 point game there are certainly other opportunities to get points. Buying land parcels with mountains or houses on them is a much better way to get two points for 5 or 6 bucks. The more you play, the more these other opportunities present themselves. The person who won last game I played used fire power to get all her points. It was very effective.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.