4 Posts

Fate of the Elder Gods» Forums » Rules

Subject: Raids rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Charabaruk
msg tools
Hi All,

I want to see if I got this right. Say there are 5 investigators in my lodge so they start a raid. I roll 5 dice. The results are: 2 gain elder signs, 1 destroy 1 investigator, and 2 destroy 2 investigators. The rules state "The Cult decides the order to which to resolve their own dice". So does this mean that I could decide to destroy the investigators before they complete any elder signs? If so, who wouldn't choose to destroy the investigators first? It seems like an odd thing to add.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
The boardgame blog with worse luck than you! dicehateme.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Icehawk101 wrote:
Hi All,

I want to see if I got this right. Say there are 5 investigators in my lodge so they start a raid. I roll 5 dice. The results are: 2 gain elder signs, 1 destroy 1 investigator, and 2 destroy 2 investigators. The rules state "The Cult decides the order to which to resolve their own dice". So does this mean that I could decide to destroy the investigators before they complete any elder signs? If so, who wouldn't choose to destroy the investigators first? It seems like an odd thing to add.

That's off a previous iteration of the rules set. Current testing has everything resolving at once so that the Elder signs stick even though there's a whole bunch of killing going on. The rules are getting lots of clarifications and revisions as we refine the design for printing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Louder
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ckirkman wrote:
That's off a previous iteration of the rules set. Current testing has everything resolving at once so that the Elder signs stick even though there's a whole bunch of killing going on. The rules are getting lots of clarifications and revisions as we refine the design for printing.

Yep, what Chris said. At BGGCon (played the 'final' prototype version) I demoed it as Elder Signs hit first, then the Cultists get their sweet, sweet revenge! Mwah ha ha ha ha ha!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Charabaruk
msg tools
Ah, ok. That makes more sense. I guess the rules in your dropbox (Version 2 ­ Last update 7/7/2016) haven't been updated yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.