Subject: New Rule Book, Game World Book and US Shipping rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gordon Alford
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
designer
Thanks again to all the people who have given great feedback on the game. It's always great to see the positive reviews and that the game is giving the intended experience. One area pointed out to us to improve on is the Rule Book so we've been working on a new one over the past few weeks.

I have just uploaded the New Rule Book to the Files section. It is now 20 pages with a much better layout and more illustrations to help explain gameplay. Please let me know what you think.

Also, I've been working with Snakes and Lattes Logistics to begin fulfilling online orders from the US. Stay tuned as I should be able to take US orders in about a week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: New Rule Book and US Shipping
Thanks for the update Gordon. Can you possibly give us an idea of what the total cost (game + shipping) will be to the U.S.?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Alford
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
designer
The game itself will be set at $60 US. Shipping is still being worked out, but I'm aiming to keep it around $5-8 US and just incur the difference from the actual shipping cost to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Gordon. As someone who played and reviewed this game with the old rulebook, I can attest that this is a great improvement.

What a wonderful game now even better with these clarified (and much better looking! ) rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Gordon! What are the chances of a revised edition at some point, including the new rule book, clarified wording on cards (if needed), etc.?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Alford
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
designer
I'm in contractual discussions with a publisher to more formally and globally launch the game in 2017. Right now, it's really just an indie release.

I'll have a more clear update in about a month to cover that and incorporating any changes such as the new Rule Book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wulung chuanfa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

I will order as soon as it is available for U.S. purchase and I have downloaded the new rules and will read them. I agree that it would be nice to get a printed copy of the new rules if that could somehow be an option. Do you anticipate any significant changes in the game if it is picked up by a publisher?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Alford
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
designer
Nothing beyond updating the Rule Book in future production runs and new enhancements in the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Alford
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
designer
Just uploaded a new Game World Book as well with some brand new art
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wulung chuanfa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just read the new rulebook and world book. The rulebook seems much better and I generally feel that I have a pretty good idea of how to play the game from reading it. I had to go over a few parts several times, but a lot of information is contained within a relatively short rulebook with great art and layout.

I thought the old game world book was great, but I do believe this one is even better. The art is amazing and the descriptions of the world drew me in. It seems like a great fantasy novel and I want to explore the world you created!

Now just waiting for the logistics to get squared away for U.S. sales...

You mentioned earlier in the thread that if it was picked up by a publisher the main differences would be the changes to the rulebook and enhancements for expansions. If I purchase the current version of this game would future expansion content be compatible with it?

Thanks for your time and have a great day!

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Alford
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
designer
michael4928 wrote:

You mentioned earlier in the thread that if it was picked up by a publisher the main differences would be the changes to the rulebook and enhancements for expansions. If I purchase the current version of this game would future expansion content be compatible with it?

Michael

Thanks! Yes, the enhancement I'm planning for in the expansion will be compatible with the current game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wulung chuanfa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kiamar wrote:
michael4928 wrote:

Michael

Thanks! Yes, the enhancement I'm planning for in the expansion will be compatible with the current game.

Glad to hear that! thanks for writing back and your personal involvement with the community/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wulung chuanfa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any update on your ability to take U.S. orders? Do you think you will be able to do so before Christmas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.