Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Call
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a bunch of .png files of cards that I am trying to print out. Is there a free program that will let me put 9 on a page to print out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TTDG
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can set up a 3x3 grid in Excel or Word. There are templates out there, but, IMHO it is easy enough that it is worth doing yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gadi Oron
Israel
Rehovot
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple of options: nandeck ans squib
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
dcall wrote:
I have a bunch of .png files of cards that I am trying to print out. Is there a free program that will let me put 9 on a page to print out?

You might try XnView. It's an image viewer with various minor editing features (crop, rotate, resize etc.) built in, but it opens images in tabs and has the ability to print all of your opened images at once. I don't use separate card images like this so I can't test how useful the sizes are, but if you go to the layout tab and tell it to print "thumbnails" in a 3x3 grid it looks like a potentially-viable card layout.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K H
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
regex wrote:
A couple of options: nandeck ans squib

Nandeck (www.nand.it/nandeck) and Squib (squib.rocks) each use a scripted interface. You type up a text file in a scripting language specific to the program. Then when you run the program it executes the script, loading the image files and arranging them as directed by the script. You get an output file in PDF, PNG or similar format, ready for printing. The scripted interface excels at appying a repetitve series of operations to each of a large collection of images with minimum repeated effort on the user's part.

If you prefer an interactive graphical interface, there is Scribus (www.scribus.net) which is a full blown desktop publishing application. When everything looks the way you like it, export it to a PDF document, an image file, or send it directly to your printer. The interactive graphical interface offers a more intuitive feel to users unaccustomed to thinking in terms of batches and algorithms, but at the cost of the user repeating similar efforts for each image. It excels when the images are few in number or when each image gets a different treatment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Call
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried NanDeck and it worked perfectly for what I needed. Once I learned the few commands I needed it was simple.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Nand
Italy
Modena
flag msg tools
Best. Game. Ever.
badge
I wrote nanDECK and BGG1tool
mbmbmbmbmb
These two lines for nanDECK take all the .png in a folder (and subfolders) and print them in a page (the default is 6x9 cm, nine cards in a page):

[img]=dirfiles("C:\Users\Nand\Pictures",png)
image=1-{(img)},[img],0,0,100%,100%,0,P

Paste this script in the editor, change the folder (in red), click on "Validate deck", on "Build deck" and "Print deck", all done in a matter of seconds.

http://www.nand.it/nandeck

BGG Guild:

nanDeck Users
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Phillips
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Obligatory Inkscape recommendation.

1) Work in real world units
2) Lots of layout/arrange options
3) Free (as in beer and as in speech)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Kirk
United Kingdom
Barnsley
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For my PnP i used MS publisher with a mail merge.
1 page per card, then print multiple pages per A4 page.

Here is my example. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BwBrrTqohJ4peDREa1B3... (The HQ version)

If you would like any help drop me a message.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hedyn Brand
Norway
Oslo
Lethargy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Low-tech: HTML and CSS with real-world units instead of pixels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier POYEN
France
flag msg tools
Obligatory BGM recommendation

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/21368877

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lukerazor wrote:
Obligatory Inkscape recommendation.

Expanded with the obligatory Jake Staines template/method link: Card-making video tutorial

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.