Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Storage [+] Foamcore [+] Organization [+] [View All]
Steve Aldridge
United States
Oceanside
CA - California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a big fan of using foamcore for organizing my games and have been totally inspired by The Esoteric Order of Gamers. Like many of you I found it difficult to organize Conan in a way that worked for me. So last week I sat down and cut a bunch of foamcore late into the night. I'm pleased with the results and I wanted to share them with the rest of you.

This is for the Barbarian level pledge from Kickstarter.

I decided to place the Book of Skelos face down on the top. Notches cut out to hold it in place. The rule books rest very nicely inside the bottom of the Book of Skelos. I did make a mistake here, cutting too far on the left side. It was late, I was tired and I didn't want to waste another piece of foamcore.

Below I groupd and bagged all my similar minions, heroes, creatures, and bosses. I know this isn't idea for painted miniatures. (Someday I may get around to that, but this works for now.

Beneath that tray lies the token tray, character cards and you can see the unit tiles organized on the left side. The giant snake, Thaug, spells and item cards are in the tall square in the right corner.

Finally I have all three map boards bellow those two trays. I cut a finger slot in the unit tiles tray to help pop out the boards. The unit tiles are all organized by groups just like my bags to make finding them during setup quicker. I left a bit of space between the tiles and cut the dividers at a 45 degree angle to make removal easier.

I have been storing this game on its side and had no issues with token falling about inside the box. Everything fits VERY snug. I hope this helps many of you. Feel free to comment or suggest different ideas. Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio Riquelme
Chile
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or you could pre order this:
https://www.feldherr.net/foam-tray-value-set-for-the-conan-k...

(Not afiliated)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Thomas
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nogardo wrote:
Or you could pre order this:
https://www.feldherr.net/foam-tray-value-set-for-the-conan-k...

(Not afiliated)

For 50 euro's and it pushes the box lid up...interesting option but I'd say the foamcore solution here is significantly more palatable!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.